"F*ck everything, but especially f*ck this sword."

You loved your boss, you appreciated your boss, you thought she was incredible at what she did, but sometimes, she was SUCH a b*tch

She was a pretty lady, gorgeous even. Her skin was a deep shade of caramel brown, her eyes a stunning gold, her hair a curly mane of black. She was always immaculate, perfect at everything she did. She enjoyed throwing random riddles your way to loosen your brain up before you got into the exhausting part of your job. She was kind and helped you if you were stuck in a mess you didn't understand. But when she was stressed?

THAT was when you began to fear for both your physical and mental health.

The sword had come in yesterday, and the exhibit was due to open tomorrow. You cursed every power in the entire universe that had caused the damn thing to arrive so late that there was only one day in between its arrival and the unveiling because who did that mean would have to stay up all night, working?

You, of course.

"Y/N!" your boss had screeched, tearing into the little space you had made for yourself in the corner of the messy back room as you frantically did the double-check on each of the items already here, "IT'S HERE, THE SWORD'S HERE!"

You had instantly leapt up, your laptop hastily placed on the ground. "It's the day before the exhibit opens! I thought we concluded-"

"I know what we concluded, Y/N!" she interrupted you, still essentially vibrating with excitement or stress, you weren't sure. But all you did was snap your mouth shut and tilt your head to the side, giving her an exasperated look as she continued. "But I just opened the box and the damn sword is here."

And so that was how you, the intern of the museum, was stuck in the damn place all day, researching, polishing, checking, dusting, double-checking, triple-checking the validity of the stupid sword that stupidly decided to come so late. You had no idea who had shipped it over from Greece, but you cursed them with every fiber of your being as your eyes turned blurry from staring at your screen all day and your limbs turned to jelly and all you wanted to do was sleep even through you knew you had missed your entire day of classes and that was definitely going to spell some more extra work for you.

F*ck everything, but especially f*ck this sword.

Finally, you unceremoniously slammed your laptop shut and stood up. It was the middle of the night, it was cold in the museum, most of the lights were required to be shut off to conserve power, and so it was also dark. Your head hurt, your chest felt like it was stuffed with cotton balls, and you were absolutely done.

"Adra!" you yelled, calling out for the curator of the museum, "Ms. Adra, I'm going home now!"

There was a moment of silence before the tall woman dressed in a snappy brown blazer (in clear contrast to your hoodie and ripped jeans) walked out of her office, staring into her phone, dark bags under her eyes making clear that she was as done with life as you. "Did you finish, Y/N?" she asked, rubbing her forehead with one hand even while she glanced at her phone screen, the white light illuminating her face with a ghostly glow. You bit your lip and sighed.