"Gods, what have I done to deserve such a beautiful smile?"

Start from the beginning

He'd also told you she was an autumn spirit and was part of the reason it had been so damn cold in that building.

Your little smile faded when you remembered exactly what had conspired in the 39th floor of that exact building. What Aphrodite had told you, what Seokjin, you, and Taehyung now knew who was keeping you and Taehyung twisted together... and how you were going to be able to free yourselves from it.

Screw this, honestly— you seriously wanted to be done with this demigod nonsense already. Your life had been so much simpler and chill back then; you hadn't have had to deal with crazy and jealous gods and demigods with daddy issues because you'd been dragged into this mess.

Shame, though. Aurem and Hana (who you'd come to discover through text that she was the one who drove both you and Taehyung home last night) had been calling and texting you all day, trying to make plans for a girls night. They weren't exactly uncommon for you three, but ever since Taehyung had materialized into your life in a cloud of red dust, they'd been pretty scarce. Matter of fact, you realized, you'd been making yourself scarce, and your friends had noticed.

With a grimace, you texted that you wouldn't be available tonight and waited for the onslaught of pissed off caps lock.

"Love, are you coming?" Taehyung knocked on the door as he spoke, voice somewhat softer this time, "Y/N, if you really don't want to go, we don't have to, you know that?"

That was rich, coming from him. Jungkook had thrown the idea out there, and everyone had agreed, and Seokjin had instantly jumped into action and you had whirled around to get the f*ck home before you were dragged into any of it.

Unfortunately, even though you tried to reason that the boys should take the time to catch up with Taehyung by themselves, they seemed hell-bent on dragging you along (with the exception of Yoongi, who couldn't care less; and for this, you had fostered a small inkling of respect for the grumpy son of Hades). Especially Taehyung. Lord above, the man had literally wrapped his hands around your waist and refused to let you go, refuting every single one of your protests and giving you puppy eyes and really, what were you supposed to do when presented with that face? Say no?

"Funny," you said dryly while ruffling your hair the slightest bit to make it seem effortlessly windswept and then dragging the faintest bit of tinted gloss over your lips before making your way to the door, "I seem to remember something totally different the last time I said I wanted to stay home."

You heard Taehyung's rumbling chuckles outside the door. "Fair enough, love. But still— oh gods."

You opened the door in the middle of his sentence.

He never finished it.

Taehyung cursed quietly under his breath as he glanced at you and then did a dramatic double-take. All you did was choke and stare right back.

Life wasn't fair, you decided as you stared at the wholea*s buffet that was Kim Taehyung in all his shining glory in front of you, adorned in a simple black button-down and an undone cream-colored tie dangling from his neck, the casual black blazer on top of it being loose and yet somehow fitted as hell at the same time, revealing the broadness of his shoulders and the slim, slender build of his waist, tucked into dark, ripped jeans so damn skinny you wondered how they were considered acceptable wear in the first place. Taehyung's legs were LONG, you decided, long and built and every single flex of his thigh was somehow the sexiest thing you'd ever witnessed. Paired with his already-ethereal looks and chocolate brown eyes that glimmered gold like maple syrup held to the sun with every twist of his head, your breath was very effectively stolen as you gazed at him, fingers going slack around the doorknob.