Chapter 1

Hyuuga Nozomi P.O.V.

I feel sad when I look at Neji and watch him train. There's so much potential in this kid, as there was in me. But because of the family he is born into, he won't get as far as he deserves. "I'd watch out if I were you" I look up to see a tall, slender, grey haired man leaning against the tree next to me reading a book. Friend killer Kakashi of the Sharingan... "why is that?" I ask. "In a little while there's an idiot going to run this way and if you don't watch out, you'll be run over" Kakashi says without looking up. I take some steps aside closer to Kakashi. Not soon after Gai and a kid looking just like him run by. "Told you" Kakashi says amused. "Thank you for that" I say, looking at him curiously. "I don't think we've officially met. Hyuuga Nozomi, Nice to meet you" I say offering my hand Kakashi looks up and takes his hand out of his pocket to shake mine. "Hatake Kakashi. Likewise" he says. "Kakashi" Gai shouts. "Well that's my que. See you around Nozomi" Kakashi says as he disappears. "What are you doing here, neesan?" I look up to see Neji walking up to me with a girl on his side. "I was checking up on you" I say. "No need" he scoffs. "Perhaps. But you're my otouto so I'll always come and check up on you" I say smiling. "Ready to go home?" I add before he can say anything else. "Yeah. See you later" he says to the girl. I place my hand on his shoulder and walk with him. "Is your sensei always like that?" I ask. "Pretty much" Neji says. "That must be funny" I say. "Not really. Quite annoying" Neji says. "Oh come on" I chuckle.

Though I've defeated so many enemies already, they just keep coming. I notice my chakra is running out and my eyes start to hurt. Because of that, the enemy is able to get to me and hurt me too. This is it. I'm sorry Neji! I'm not going to let them get me so easy but as I feel shuriken and kunai hitting my back I know it won't take long. This is until I hear shouting from the back of the group. Within minutes the whole group is gone and Kakashi and Asuma are standing in front of me. "Sandaime thought you could use some back up" Asuma says as he lights a cigarette. "Good call, thanks" I pant before letting myself fall on my ass. "You held out pretty good. Well done" Kakashi says as he walks over. "You alright?" Kakashi asks. "I'll go and check if we got everyone" Asuma says. "You've got everyone" I say, pointing at my eyes before deactivating my byakugan. "And I'm fine thank you" I say turning back to Kakashi. "They did got you though. Let us patch you up" he says as he walks around me to watch my back. "I'm fine, but thank you Kakashi-senpai" I say as I'm trying to stand up. Kakashi and Asuma both chuckle when I fall back down. "We know you don't want to seem weak, but you're wounded Nozomi. Let us help you" Kakashi says. "We're comrades are we not?" Asuma asks amused. "Guess you're right. I'm sorry" I sigh. "Don't worry about it" Kakashi crouches down behind me. "This is going to hurt a bit" Kakashi says as he places a hand on my shoulder. But then he pulls a kunai out of my back.

I look at my bare back in the mirror. Almost no scar at all. The medic shinobi really are amazing. I put on my trousers and weapon holster and pouch on my right leg and hip. I also put on my kimono like long sleeved shirt. After I button it closed, I tie the waistband tightly around my waist with a bow. After I put the forehead protector around my forehead I walk out of my room. "Ohayo" I say as I walk into the kitchen and see my little brother and mother at the dining table eating breakfast. "Not going to eat breakfast?" Mom asks as I grab an apple. "Gomen ne, got a lot to do today so it's just fruit today" I say. "Alright, be careful" mom says. "I will" I press a kiss on her cheek. "Do your best today Neji-kun" I say as I leave the kitchen and quickly hurry out of the house. "Kakashi-Senpai" I say as I finally find him on the training field. "Oh Nozomi, how are you?" He asks. "I'm fine thank you. So I wanted to ask if you wanted to train with me" I say. "Train with you?" He asks surprised. "Yeah the other day I realized I might be jounin but I'm clearly not strong enough" I say. "You're plenty strong" Kakashi says. I pout "please" I say. Kakashi sighs deeply. "I usually don't, but fine. But we're doing it my way" he says. I smile brightly. "I can do that" I say happily. "Alright. I was about to go rock climbing. You can join me" he says as he walks away. "Rock climbing has never been part of my training regimen" I say as I catch up to him. "You should add it" Kakashi says amused, placing his hands in his pockets. "You'll realize why when you're doing it" he says. "How long have you been a jounin Nozomi?" He asks. "Couple of years now" I say. "It's the first time you started doubting yourself?" Kakashi asks. "Who says I'm doubting myself?" I ask. "You just asked me to train with you right. Have you ever done that before? Besides your teammates I mean" Kakashi says. "My team mates were killed in battle" I say. "I'm sorry to hear that" Kakashi says. "I'm sorry I'm bothering you" I say softly. "You're not." Kakashi says amused.