I knew that the incident in the restaurant would definitely hit the news, and I wasn't wrong. Everything about Michael Jackson hits the news.

John turned it off and sat back beside me on the couch. I was massaging my temple because my head was literally like being hit by a hammer. Good thing it's Saturday, I could just sleep this away.

"You told me he was your former boss," my brother said. "Did you resign or he fired you?"

I opened my eyes and looked at him. "The latter."

"Why?"

"Stop asking." I stood up and started walking back to my room. "If Mrs. Allen came, tell her we'll wash her car later. I'll just sleep for few more minutes."

"I overheard your conversation with Mr. Michael Jackson last night before he left. I heard he was convincing you to come back."

I stopped and turned to him. "Eeavesdropping is rude, John."

"But I think you should come back. Mr. Michael Jackson could pay you--"

"No."

"But I heard him mentioning about giving me a scholarship."

My brother looked at me, his face hoping. I stood by the door of my room and I looked back at him as my temples throb.

"I am not accepting anything from him," I said in a serious voice. "Stop talking about things you know nothing about."

I entered my room and closed the door, leaving my brother in the living room. I sighed and closed my eyes. One of the reasons why I wasn't able to sleep early last night was this. I spent the entire night staring blankly at the ceiling, thinking about Michael Jackson and his offer to me to go back to his ranch. I said no. I kept convincing myself the whole night that I made the right decision, but something seemed wrong. Something didn't feel right.

The voice at the back of my head kept saying that I should've said 'yes' but I'd shook my head to get rid of it. No. The ranch caused me pain. Michael Jackson caused me pain. I don't want to come back and this is the right thing to do.

Or is it?

I sighed again and put my palm on my forehead. "Stop thinking about it, Jane."

But I couldn't.

I slept the entire day. It was probably one of my best sleeps because my head was aching and it felt good to just sleep it away, but the moment I opened my eyes, my room was already dark. I immediately got up when I realized that it was already night time and the open window was showing me the big moon already lighting up the sky. I looked at the clock. 8:00 p.m.

"Shit," I mumbled, holding my forehead. I slept from 9:00 am to 8:00 pm? That's roughly eleven hours, oh god.

I stood up from bed and immediately turned on the lights. I closed my room's window, shivering because of the cold evening air from outside. I took a deep breath and started walking to the living room. "John?"

Thankfully, my head was fine now. I've been experiencing severe headaches these past few days and I didn't know why. My co-worker told me that it was probably because of lack of sleep and that was what I believed, too. Problem was, I was having trouble sleeping early as well.

When I got to the living room, I caught my brother talking with someone on the phone and he immediately dropped it down when he saw me approaching.

"John?" I called, my forehead creased. "Who's on the phone?"

"Uhm, my classmate," he answered. "Finally, Jane. You're awake."

I sat on the couch, rubbing the sleep off my eyes. The first thing that came into my mind was Mrs. Allen's car and the baby sitting job that I had for my neighbor. "Did Mrs. Allen come?"