16 : Sorry but not Sorry

• Vikram •

• Vikram •

I wore a Dark black velvet suit with a hint of embroidery around the edges. I applied some cologne and ran some gel through my hair while watching my reflection in the goddamn mirror.

Ruffling my hair, made it look even more messy. Well, just the way I had wanted.

My mind was filled with questions and problems which were jumping inside in requirement of an answer.

But right now, all I want is a goddamn reason to get off this engagement.

"Sir?!" Vinay was standing in my room's entrance.

Vinay has been my PA for more than 4 years.

"Yes Vinay, found something?" All my attention was now on him, waiting for him to answer.

"Sir you were right about it. The lift didn't stop on it's own, it had been purposely shut off, and they couldn't reconnect immediately as the wires were also disconnected in a very strange manner"

Vinay's dismal mood said it all.

"What do you think, Vinay?"

"Sir--sirr" Vinay, stammered.

"Just tell Vinay"

"Sir--I think---som--someone wants you dead" He said it in a go.

Well, I expected the same.

"Fine Vinay you can go" I gestured him to leave.

"Sir--but I really don't know who would want someone like you--dead?!"

"Business Enemies maybe?!" I shrugged with no idea.

"Sir but--"

"Vinay, And that Jewellery boutique---whatever it's name is, I want all the background details and also the share and stock market details of that company. I don't want that boutique to function for another freaking day"

"Yes sir, I will mail all the details by tonight sir" Vinay nodded furiously and eagerly.

"Vikram, What are you still doing here??" Mom rushed inside my room, as I signaled Vinay to leave.

"Mom, I was--"

"Hayee, you look so handsome in this suit. I know mumma's choice is always the best!"

"Liar, Rohit told me that he chose this suit" I smirked.

"He told you already? Huh--Anyways Suha is waiting for you since a decade, come fast, we have to start the engagement "

"Ask her to wait for another decade " I shrugged.

"Shut up and come, and well Vikram, you didn't return because I forced you right?" Mom asked, confused.