9 : I'm dead and I know it!

• Suhana •

• Suhana •

"So what? Sneak into the living hall and hide the newspaper before anyone else reads the article ?" Ankita asked the same question for the hundredth time as we were snooping down the stairs.

"Please keep your mouth shut until we grab the newspaper Anki" Aisha whisper-yelled.

Me?

I was just chilling around with a heartbeat rate of 135/minute.

Nothing serious at all.

I'm dead and I know it,

I was chanting continuously, reminding myself about my fated future.

"Suha, you search in the living room, we both will search in the kitchen and keep aunty distracted until then. " Their voices lowered as we were about to split off.

"Hey Suha, come on chill, we are going to find a way out of this " Aisha assured just the way villians in those movies does before pushing the protagonist into a dark, huge pit.

Come on, I know I'm dead, so why not just prepare an eulogy for me beforehand.

"Yeah, we will make sure no one reads it" Ankita sounded casually.

"Read what?" A clearly not-so-happy voice disrupted the small 'You-won't-die' session, we were sharing.

"Uhh aunty?" Ankita blinked sustainably, clearly showing away that we were upto no good.

Just my luck!

"Huhh--Hii aunty, good to see you!!" Aisha forced a smile.

"Before we read what ankita? You were saying something--" Mom shook her head clearly waiting for her to reply.

Say what?

Hey mom, did you see today's article about me getting married, without my knowledge?

Or something like this?

Hey mom, I am getting married, you had any idea? No? Even I didn't have any till yesterday.

Ugh.

"Don't read the newspaper " Ankita blurred out hastily as I hit her with my elbow.

"Huh--well, I am about to read. Why?" Mom asked, confused.

"Well, if so, then just don't read the 4th page, left column."

Okay, I am severing all my ties with her.

"Uh-what? Just to make sure that she doesn't read, that's all" Anki whispered nervously after seeing our 'Murder-her' faces.

"Ohh you mean,the news which mentions my daughters marriage? Ohh yeah, I won't read it----AGAIN" She said after a long pause and gave a smile--an Evil smile which basically means "Someone's dead".