Chapter 8: Getting Used to Familiar Scenery

Disclaimer: I do not own Fire Emblem: Three Houses or its characters, I only own Blythe, Celine, and the changes in the plot that I make in the war phase.

Enjoy!

-------------------------------------------------
Last Time:

"Hey, Dimitri?" Blythe said while she was walking beside the prince. The prince turned his head. "Thank you. For checking on me."

"You're welcome, Blythe." Dimitri responded. Both of them then caught up to Dedue and Mercedes. They went to the dining hall, and relaxed there.

Unaware that sinister events were beginning to happen on the horizon.-------------------------------------------------

1st of the Harpstring Moon, Zanado, the Red Canyon (Night), Imperial Year 1180

In Zanado, a place sacred to the Church of Seiros, a secret meeting was taking place at night without the Church's knowledge.

There were two figures that could be seen in the small glow of some torches around them. The first one, the bandit leader from the group of bandits that attacked Remire, exclaimed to the second figure in outrage. "What is this nonsense!? All I was told was to kill as many noble pipsqueaks as possible! No one said anything about the Knights of damned Seiros being on our trail!"

"You have proven yourself worthless, Kostas." The second figure said in a lifeless and distorted tone. Their voice was changed by the mask that they wore over top of their face. The armor of the second person was primarily black and red, but with the occasional bronze metal plate of armor. They had small red fires throughout the top of their armor, and red feathers wrapped around both sides of their face. Along with the scythe-like helmet on their head, the second figure could be described as mysterious and menacing. "Distracted by something so trivial."

"I had hoped you would achieve your goal despite the setback. But now the children of the knights' former captain are in play. How interesting..." The second figure said to Kostas, and then mused to themself. Kostas narrowed his eyes and stomped his door while yelling, "Hey! This isn't what I agreed to!"

"Hiring a mercenary as a professor. What was that woman thinking..." The second figure said to themself. Kostas then aggressively asked the second figure, "Are you even listening to me!? How do we finish this!?"

"You die." The second figure responded in an authoritative tone. Kostas reeled back in shock while saying, "Wh... What!?"

"Underestimating the knights was an amateur mistake. One you will pay for. The road to eternal torment awaits you all." The second figure said to Kostas, referring to him and his bandit crew. After a few seconds, the second figure continued his statement. "Now I must locate your replacements..."

The armored figure then teleported away in a flash of violet light. Kostas ran to where the armored figure was before, and yelled out into the night, "Wait! Get back here! Damn you!"

Kostas never got a response back. He scoffed, and turned around to go back to where his bandit group made camp, the ominous warning looming in his mind.-------------------------------------------------

2nd of the Harpstring Moon, Garreg Mach Monastery, Blue Lions Classroom (Morning), Imperial Year 1180

Byleth had already gotten ready for the day, and was in the classroom preparing his lesson plan for the next few days. He was the only one in the classroom at that moment, which allowed Byleth to be able to concentrate without any interruptions. Even though the teal-haired professor had no apparent interruptions, his thoughts veered him away from the lesson plan.