Chapter 17: Shield's Revelation

Disclaimer: I do not own Fire Emblem: Three Houses or its characters, I only own Blythe, Celine, and the changes in the plot that I make in the war phase.

In this chapter, one question will finally be answered. You have to read to find out!

With that aside....

Enjoy!

-------------------------------------------------

Last Time:

"An astute observation. Bergamot is a refined taste, after all." Edelgard picked up the Enbarr cake and took a bite. She hummed in delight while eating the rest of the cake. "Enbarr cakes are normally sweeter than this one. The cakes back home are too sweet for my liking, but these are perfect!"

"Thank my sister. She's the one who made them."

"Hmm... I will have to thank Blythe later."

"One more thing, Edelgard..." Byleth trailed off. Edelgard looked up to see what the teal-haired professor had to say. "Check underneath your chair."

Edelgard put her arm underneath the chair she was sitting in, hitting a basket along the way. She pulled the basket from under her chair, placing it on her lap.

"Professor... Are these for me?"

Inside of the basket was a red carnation and an Armored Bear Stuffy. Edelgard picked them up with care and delicacy. After seeing Byleth's nod, Edelgard put the presents down with a smile.

"Thank you, my teacher. I'll never forget this moment we spent together."

-------------------------------------------------

23rd of the Garland Moon, Garreg Mach Monastery, Library (Morning), Imperial Year 1180

While it was an day for lessons in Garreg Mach Monastery, Byleth scheduled his individual sessions later in the school day compared to the other professors. The teal-haired Eisner did that so his students have a chance to gather their thoughts before the session, along with encouraging training sessions between members of the Blue Lions and students from other classes during the flexible individual sessions.

Celine elected to split her morning before class into two even sessions. The first session was a spar with Caspar, as both of them elected to move the match up into the morning. After the sparring session, Celine would meet with Blythe inside the library to try and find any new details on the blue-haired young woman's past.

Blythe, currently inside of the library, organized all of the notes she had made in the past month regarding the topic. She also asked Tomas for any books regarding the aftermath of Tragedy of Duscur, but the librarian gave Blythe a book on all of the missing or deceased individuals caused by Duscur.

It wasn't what she asked for... but Blythe would not let a potential lead go to waste.

After the last time her and Celine met, Blythe had formulated a few potential theories. However, she wasn't sure on the legitimacy of any scenarios she created. Blythe thought it was better to discuss theories with another person, so she would wait until Celine arrived before revealing her theories.

"Father told me of a possible scenario regarding Celine, and I can't help but think he's right. Maybe the friend that went with Dimitri to Duscur is still alive? The similarities are uncanny..."

Blythe sighed, scratching the top of her head with one of her fingers. "This is perplexing. Situations like this are hard to come by, especially with Celine's amnesia. Whatever happened before Byleth, Father, and I found her must have been horrible to give Celine amnesia about her past."