Chapter 12: Mutiny that Lies in the Mist

Disclaimer: I do not own Fire Emblem: Three Houses or its characters, I only own Blythe, Celine, and the changes in the plot that I make in the war phase.

Enjoy!

-------------------------------------------------

Last Time:

"I am not sure myself, yet I am grateful all the same." Sothis said in response. She then continued with, "In any case... You must become accustomed to my voice! If you fall down with shock each time I speak, that just won't do."

"Like I said, you just surprised me. I'm normally not shocked a lot of the time." Byleth replied while shaking his head. Sothis chuckled. "Oh... You think you're standing strong? Of course you are! It was a jest."

Sothis then went back into the confines of Byleth's mind. The teal-haired professor then walked with Blythe and Dimitri to the rest of the Blue Lions, and everyone then started the journey back to Garreg Mach Monastery.
-------------------------------------------------

31st of the Harpstring Moon, Garreg Mach Monastery, Reception Hall (Late Afternoon), Imperial Year 1180

Byleth, Blythe, and Dimitri were all in the entrance to the reception hall, since the Blue Lions had just returned from Zanado. The rest of the class had dispersed from the main group in order to do their own activities, so it was the three of them left.

Blythe and Dimitri stood in front of Byleth, their backs facing the main part of the monastery. Byleth was the same, but his back was in the direction of the marketplace.

"We're finally back." Dimitri said to Byleth. He then gestured to Blythe and himself while continuing his statement. "Blythe and I will leave the report to Lady Rhea in your hands, Professor."

Blythe smiled to signify her agreement. The teal-haired professor then nodded his head at the two. That seemed perfectly acceptable, since it was ultimately his job to report to the Archbishop in the end.

Dimitri glanced to his right, seeing something past Blythe. "Huh... Edelgard."

"What?" Blythe said while following Dimitri's eyes. She saw Edelgard with Professor Manuela, and they were heading right for the three Blue Lions. "Hello, Edelgard. You too, Professor Manuela."

Edelgard responded to Blythe's greeting while coming to a stop beside Byleth, the Black Eagles professor stopping behind the Hresvelg. Her body was facing Byleth, but she was looking at Dimitri, since the blond-haired prince was still talking.

"Does the Black Eagle House have a mission to see to? Remember--on a real battlefield, one can never tell what's to come." Dimitri said in response. He then continued, his voice lightly concerned, "You can never dismiss the possibility of the worst case scenario. Take care, Edelgard."

Both Blythe and Byleth noticed that Dimitri was concerned about Edelgard. They both knew that the white-haired Hresvelg could handle herself, but it seemed that Dimitri was still concerned.

"There's no need to state the obvious, Dimitri." Edelgard responded. She then slightly moved her hand while asking the blond-haired prince a question. "But tell me... Why the concern?"

Dimitri didn't know how to answer that, but he did not need to. Edelgard continued talking. "Perhaps you doubt my abilities? If so, your lack of insight is disappointing."

The blond-haired prince shook his head at Edelgard's assumption. "That's...not what I meant. If I've offended you, I hope you'll accept my apology."