Chapter 15: Bonding and Sword Lessons

Disclaimer: I do not own Fire Emblem: Three Houses or its characters, I only own Blythe, Celine, and the changes in the plot that I make in the war phase.

Now then, with that aside...

Enjoy!

-------------------------------------------------

Last Time:

Blythe came over to the two, and Bernadetta started to shake again. "S-Stay away!!"

"It's okay, Bern. Blythe won't hurt you." Dorothea soothed while putting her hands on Bernadetta's shoulders reassuringly. Bernadetta looked over to where Blythe was, and the turquoise-haired Eisner had her hands up in the air, signifying that she wasn't a threat. The smile Blythe had on her face gave Bernadetta a sense of calming, which allowed for the purple-haired archer to have a chance to calm down and clear her thoughts. "Y-You really won't?"

Blythe shook her head side to side. She kneeled down beside Dorothea, facing Bernadetta. "No, Bernadetta. I won't hurt you, and neither will Mercedes. She is one of the most kind and caring people I know. Nothing bad will happen to you."

"You're sure?" Bernadetta asked. Blythe smiled while nodding. Bernadetta, with a determined expression on her face, then said, "Okay... I'll do it!"

Manuela and Byleth looked on at the exchange between the three. The Black Eagle professor smiled at how Blythe and Dorothea convinced Bernadetta to participate in the activity, and Byleth nodded in praise.

When all of the groups were in their starting positions, Byleth walked into the center of the training ground. He told the groups to begin sparring, and they did so.

The only thing to be heard was the clanging of training weapons against each other, and magic being used by those who could.

-------------------------------------------------

12th of the Garland Moon, Garreg Mach Monastery, Cathedral (Early Morning), Imperial Year 1180

Birds chirped outside of the cathedral, flapping their wings and roosting. The early morning allowed for a sunrise to come up over the horizon. The sky, with the pastel pinks and oranges, was the setting of a wonderful blend between nature and man.

The members of the church choir practiced the songs that they would sing later in the day, their voices cascading over the silence of the cathedral. Devout members of the Church were making the morning prayers while sitting on the benches in the interior. However, someone praying stood out from the rest of the crowd, since they were standing up while they were praying.

This person was a female with pinkish-blonde hair and purple eyes. She was wearing the uniform of the Officer's Academy, her hair cascading over one of her shoulders, accented by a shawl and a bow respectively.

The woman's purple eyes were closed, with her face angled towards the tiled floor of the cathedral. Her hands were clasped together, along with them being right in front of her chest.

"Dear Goddess... please watch over everyone as they go their separate ways. May those who have fallen find their respite in the comfort of your presence."

"Merce?" The woman heard. She turned around to see a younger woman with turquoise hair and blue eyes walk up to her, wearing another version of the Officer's Academy uniform.

"Oh... Hello, Blythe."

"What are you doing here so early, Mercedes?" Blythe asked, not used to seeing her pinkish-blonde haired friend up this early.