We all waked down an isle as people cheered. When we got to the end the music started and we began to waltz.

More and more couples began to pile onto the dance floor to waltz. I kept finding myself at Harry and Cho. I noticed Cedric was having the same problem. Odd.

The Weird Sisters began to play and we all went from waltzing to just dancing freely. Cedric and I were having a great time. We left the crowd after a while and Cedric offered to get us some punch. I noticed Melody sitting alone so I went to go see why.

"Whats wrong? I thought you came with Ron."

"I did." She said sadly. "Hes been mad about something all night. At first it was lovely, he was a true gentleman and then...I don't know." She said while putting her head in her hands.

I comforted her for a moment before marching over to Ron. I took the seat next to him and he looked suprise to see me.

"y/n! Hey, h-how've you been?"

"Ron, you're being awful to Melody." He looked down ashamed. "I-I just have a lot on my mind tonight." He said glancing up at something.

I followed his eyeline to Hermione. I socffed "Ron you better not just be leading Melody on because if you didn't want to be here with her and used her as a last resort, then so help me I will-"

"I'm not, I swear!"

"Then go act like it." I said getting up and making my way back to Cedric.

harry pov

Cho had turned in for the night. We had a pretty good time before that though. I tired my best to keep my mind off y/n and on her, but I'm not so sure I did that great of a job.

I looked to where Ron was sitting. y/n was with him but she got up after saying something and walked back to Cedric.

I sat down in the spot where y/n had just been. Melody had gone off to dance with some Slytherin, but Ron looked angry about something else.

Just as I sat down Hermione came up to us. She and Krum looked like they were having a great time, I'm happy for her.

"Hot, isn't it?" She asked with rosy pink cheeks. "Viktors gone to go and get drinks. Would you care to join us?"

"No, we'd not care to join you and Viktor." Ron said with anger in his voice.

"Whats got your wand in a knot?"

"Hes a Durmstrang. You're fraternizing with the enemy!"

"Didn't you come here with Melody?" Hermione asked, getting equally as angry. "The whole point of this Tournament is international magical cooperation, to make friends."

"I think hes got a bit more than friendship on his mind." Ron spit.

Now I understand why Ron's so upset, hes jealous. Very jealous.

Hermione walked away in a huff and back to Krum. I found my eyes watching Cedric and y/n again.

~

About an hour later everyone was ready to leave. Ron had been ready to go since we got here. Cedric and y/n had left about 10 miniutes ago.

I hope hes just dropping her at the common room and thats it.

Hermione and Ron were arguing again, but this time they were really fighting.

"Hes using you!" Ron exclaimed.

"How dare you!" Hermione shot back. "Besides I can take care of myself!"

"I doubt it, hes way too old."

Hermione scoffed. "So thats what you think!?"

"Yeah thats what I think."

"Well then you know the soloution then don't you?"

"Go on."

"Next time theres a ball, puck up the courage to ask me before somebody else does!" She had tears streaming down her face.

"Well-th-that-thats just completely off the point." Ron stuttered.

"Nevermind! Off to bed both of you!"

"They get scary when they get older." Ron said to me. I hit him in the arm. At this point I was a bit angry at Ron too. He ruined Hermione's Yule Ball night.

"Ron you spoiled everything!" Hermione yelled, she must have heard him.

~
y/n pov

Cedric walked me back to my common room. We walked in silence, it was a long night and we're both pretty tired.

I stopped a little before we got to the entrance and turned to face him.

"Um, Ced?"

"Yeah?"

"Tonight was amazing and I had a great time but, if you're thinking of taking this any further I think you should stop."

He rubbed that back of his neck "Yeah, I think I was kind of staring at Cho all night. When I met you I thought I had gotton over the little crush I had on her, but I guess I was wrong."

I smiled lightly "At least we're on the same page."

"Still hall bumping buddies?" He asked with a grin.

"Always." I said returning his expression. We hugged goodnight and I headed through the portrait hole. Once I was in my dorm, I kicked off my heels and immediately layed down and fell asleep.

——————————
(1315 Words - Published November 23, 2020)

Yay Yule Ball chapter! I chose the dress at the top because its not very muggle like and I find it to be stunning.