"What if he really does do something? What if he makes me transfer or hurts them?"

"If. He didn't even find out you were friends with all of them until Skeeter took that picture. She'll be gone after the tournament. Just stear clear of her until then shouldn't you be fine?"

He was partly right. I didn't even think about that. It gave me a little hope this could work but only a little so I stayed quiet and looked down.

"I just need some time to think." I said after a while.

"I understand."

"Thank you." I muttered.

"What was that? A thank you? A real one?" He asked in fake shock.

I laughed for the first time since yesterday and shoved him lightly "You're an idiot."

"No, no. You don't thank idiots and I have been thanked."

~

harry pov

It was the first day without y/n in our lives. To be honest it was miserable. She was the bright presence our friend group needed, that I needed.

I tried to get Ron and Hermione to help me convince her she was being iratinoal but they said its what she wants and that bullshit.

This whole thing is just bullshit and I can't beleive no one else is mad about it. I'm not going to force her to go against her father's wishes but I wished she would.

I'm supposed to be studying with Ron and Hermione but I can't get my mind off this whole thing. Ron clearly had no trouble forgetting about it because all he is talking about is asking Melody to the Yule Ball.

"Should I just ask or should I do something spe-" He was cut off by Snape who wacked him over the head with a newspaper.

"Oi, who are you gonna ask?" He whispered. I looked up at where y/n would've been sitting.

"Uh. I'm not sure." I answered quickly, trying to get him to drop the subject.

Ron must have taken my hint because he gave me a sympathetic look before turning back to his book.

A few moments later Fred threw a peice of paper at him. Ron sent him a glare and opened up the crumpled up note.

"Get a move on or all the good ones will be gone."

The note said. "Who you going with then?" Ron whisper shouted across the table. Fred smirked and crumpled up another peice of paper.

This time he threw it at Angelina Johnson. She looked up with an annoyed expression. Fred pointed at her, then at himself, then did a waltzing pose.

Angelia got the message and nodded with a smile.

Fred turned back to Ron and winked. Ron rolled his eyes and looked at me then turned to Hermione.

"Oi, Hermione. You're a girl."

"Oh, well spotted." She sarcastically responded.

Ron did the same dancing motion Fred had done moments ago and said "Maybe you can go with Harry or me, if Melody says no."

Snape came by again and hit Ron and I on the head. I didn't even do anything.

"Come on." Ron continued "Its one thing for a bloke to show up alone. For a girl, its just sad."

Hermione looked offended at his words "I won't be going alone because, beleive it or not, someones asked me!" She whisper shouted angrily.