Beast X Dead Apple 7: Signal and Revelations (Part Two)

2/4

Tsushima Shuuji was a man blessed with a powerful ability, an ability of probability which grants its user to turn whatever he wants into a reality. But in this case, it wasn't really an 'altering' ability unlike what the others think, it was more of a 'creation of another possibility'.

His ability results in the creation of a parallel world wherein the 'reality' he desires would happen. In short, he doesn't alter the world, but creates another one instead; and with this, apart from others, the owner's knowledge the only one retained continuously.

Over the course of Tsushima Shuuji's existence, he has already made almost a thousand possibilities --- total of a thousand parallel universe.

The realities he had created drastically increased somewhere at a point in his life, and it began after his family met their timely deaths.

Shuuji had a wife, a non-ability user, but for some reason, she exceeds the normal understanding of a civilian in the existence of gifteds. She changed Shuuji's viewpoint that the world is no less than a boring place, making him content with the world he was living in. 

One day, she was caught in a conflict.

Despite already abandoning the use of his ability after he met her, Tsushima Shuuji was still famous as he and his best friend were considered to be two of the most powerful gifteds in their time. It was only a matter of time where he was going to be targetted for his weakness, especially now that he has a wife. 

In that very conflict, his wife's life was taken away from him...including the child growing inside her.

However, it was not merely an accident. It was fated to be.

"Stop it! Haven't Michiko already drilled this on your head?! Even if you create another possibility where she can live, it'll still end up that way no matter what! You're no God. You can't outweigh reality, Shuuji!" His best friend said, holding him by his collar.

"I don't care, Souseki! I'll find a way to prevent it from happening even if I have to see her die thousands of times!" 

"You bastard! Don't you dare disrespect my imouto's death with your bullshit!" 

Shuuji's best friend, the only man who can equal his ability, was also his brother-in-law. He was none other than Natsume Souseki.

Despite the universes Shuuji had made, Natsume was an exception from being affected and can still retain his memories despite the different worlds because of his ability. It was the two of them knew everything. 

Disregarding Natsume Souseki's opposition and warning, Shuuji used his ability to create another world where his wife was still alive. And there, he decided to stay. 

But then it didn't last long...

Fate it was, just like from before, his wife still met her death but only in a different cause. This time it was an accident. 

Tsushima Shuuji created another. 

Still, it was the same. 

And another...

He kept creating worlds where he could prevent his wife's death but then he just can't. His happiness never lasted long as his wife would still die, and with them, not having to see their child.

Their child was never born, no matter how many worlds he created. 

Tsushima Shuuji had lost count on how he repeatedly saw his beloved's death, and in every death, she was smiling sadly at him.