37

After a week the two packages, which were containing the dress and the suit as the contents, arrived. When you opened it together with Vinny, it showed a long, elegant wine-red coloured dress. The fabric of it was made of smooth silk. "Open the other one, Vinny!" you said to your boyfriend the moment you had already open up yours. With a small sigh, Vinny did what you had told him to do.
A suit with the exact same colour as the dress and which matched it, was visible.

Right then, as you wanted to say something, the sound of the doorbell rang throughout your house. So you walked to the door to open it up for this someone. Before you stood Vinny's mom.
"Good afternoon ma'am. What brings you here?"
"I brought some kimchi stew for you." She held up a plastic container which was coloured red because of the content.
"Please come inside." You opened the door further and stepped to the side in order to let her in.
Vinny's mom came inside and once you closed the front door, you took the container off her hands to take the weight from her. The kimchi went into the fridge and you joined Vinny and his mom in the living room.

"Oh yeah that's right. You both are going to a party right?" Vinny's mom noticed when she saw the two huge packages on the floor. "Did you already try it on?"
"No."
"Are you not going to do so?"
"It's too much of a bother." was Vinny's reply.
"Well, to be honest, I also don't really want to wear it now..."
Vinny's mom looked kind of disappointed. So you quickly said, "We'll wear them very soon. In a week to be more precise. So, please wait a little bit longer. I mean, to change into these clothes now is going to be a bit too exhausting."

You held both her hands and smiled to raise her mood. Slowly, a smile also formed on her face. "Alright then, I'm looking forward to seeing you next week." she gave in and picked up a different theme. "By the way... Now that I see that you two are going for a partner look, does that mean that you are going out now?"

That caught you by surprise. "That's right... She doesn't know that we're dating yet... Vinny hasn't told her." Since there was no reason to hide it from her, you affirmed, in which she suddenly beamed and said, "Please take care of my son."
"Mom!" Vinny said a little angrily but the said mother just ignored her son. After letting out a small chuckle, you quickly said your okay.

Shortly after, Vinny's mom left after saying that she had to go to work, so it was only the two of you again. With the departure of his mom, it crossed your mind that you also had to be ready to go to work very soon, so you stood up from your sitting position and walked upstairs. While doing so, you called out to Vinny and informed him, that you were also going to leave for work. And so you changed into other clothes and nipped outside to the usual restaurant.

The day was bright and the air was pleasantly fresh. But you didn't have the time to enjoy the refreshing air because you had to rush in order to be at work in time.

Yeah, you were close to being late for work because you hadn't paid too much attention on the time.

Seemd like you had been a little bit too distracted by the clothes that had arrived. So you picked up your pace a bit, in order to arrive there in a shorter period of time. Once there, you immediately started to do your work.

Today had been a very busy day. The moment you had had set foot into the building, you had seen the customers who were pouring into the restaurant. And so you had had to hurry and begin with the servings after you had only little time to change into your work uniform.

When you arrived home, you got to see Vinny again. When you stepped into your house, you saw that the lights in the living room was on. You presumed that Vinny was in there and so you walked straight into this room to get to see him.

The moment you spotted your boyfriend laying on the couch, you practically threw yourself onto him after dropping your phone on the table which was positioned in front of the couch. Vinny reflexively wrapped his arms around your hips and you placed a kiss on his cheek before you rested your chin on his shoulder and buried your face on the pillow, which supported Vinny's head.

"Don't you want to eat anything?" Vinny questioned you after a while, since you didn't make any attempts to stand up. His now opened eyes stared right at your face, which was only inches away from yours. "Did you cook something?" you asked. "No, but I can do that if you want."

When you heard that, your face brightened and you squeezed him. "You'll cook ramen, right? Yours is the best!"
He chuckled at your reaction and noted, "Ok but for me to cook it, I need you to let go of me."
One last squeeze and you finally let go as well as got off him, in which he then stood up and stepped toward the kitchen.
The moment Vinny had stood up, you immediately laid down again and closed your eyes to rest.

"(Y/N), wake up." The feeling of a hand grabbing your shoulder and gently shaking you, woke you up and as you were slowly opening your eyes, the sight of Vinny's face filled your vision. After blinking a few times, you finally became aware of the situation and this caused you to wake up completely. Seemed that you had fallen asleep.

Only now, that you were fully awake, did your nose pick up the smell of ramen.

"Ramen is finished. Hurry up or the noodles are going to become mushy." Vinny called out to you as he walked ahead towards the kitchen. You then stood up to follow him there and eat your dinner. As always, Vinny's ramen tasted like a first-rate dish for you. While you two were eating, you talked about the upcoming party you both would attend to.

"Well then, let's head to bed now."