27

Early in the morning, they started training again.

They had to escape from a wild boar, that was chasing after them on their bikes.

Without any chance of keeping up with them on their speed, you didn't go with then. And since you didn't have anything to do, you just took a walk in the forest. Of course you were careful to not stray too far away from the temple in order to not get lost.

It really was a refreshing change to be in the mountain.

As you breathed in the fresh air, you stopped sometimes and listened to the wind, softly blowing through you and the branches of the trees, causing them to rustle quietly.

In the evening, after they took a shower, Yuna said that Mia, you and her were going to take the first bus early in the morning, since you had to go to school.

When the monk heard that, he said that there weren't any buses that come all the way up here and asked how we got here.

Mia answed him that you all took a shuttle bus that came this way.

But the monk began to tell you, that there was once a shuttle bus that used to come here but it crashed and the bus driver died. As far as he knew, the shuttle bus hadn't passed through here since then.

You got scared and a cold shiver went down your spine when he said.
And based on the reactions of the others, you knew that they also got cold feet.

Dom said that you all definitely took a bus here, in wich he then laughed and said that it was maybe only a strange rumor.

Vinny then said, as he was grinning, "You guys aren't kids. Haven't you passed the age where a story like that would scare you?"

He turned away, saying that it was lame and that he was going inside to get some sleep.

His back was totally wet and he was also shaking a little.

"I finally found out his secret..."
Dom said.

"Exactly what I just thought."
You chuckled.

It seemed like, when Vinny is scared, you can't see it on his face. His back will be sweaty instead.

Well, after hearing this from the monk, you, Mia and Yuna decided to just leave when the others do.

"The competition is the day after tomorrow..."

The next day, their training ended earlier and you went outside to catch some fresh air and watch the sunset, after you had finished eating.

You stood there and looked at the beautiful scenery that spread in front of you.

Suddenly you heard footsteps and a second later, Vinny appeard next to you.

His gaze was veering off into the golden sunset.

The moment you looked at Vinny, you remembered that your colleagues wanted to see a photo of him, so you got out your phone from your pocket and took a photo of the very boy next to you.

The photo was beautiful.

His strong hibiscus red hair fit perfectly with the sky in the background, that was a mix of orange-red, pink-red, and a dark yellow-orange.

"I could be a photographer" You laughed at your joke that you had whispered.

"Did you just took a photo of me?" Vinny asked.

"Yeah. Wanna see?"

You handed him your phone in wich he took a look at the image of himself.

"Aren't you handsome?" You teasingly said as you nudged his arm with your elbow.

He didn't say anything, instead he stared at you after he had only taken a fleetingly look at the picture.

You tilted your head with a questioning look on your face as you looked back at him.

It looked like he wanted to say something, so you waited.

"What's wrong?" you asked after a minute of silence, since nothing came out of him.

"It's nothing." he said and turned away.

"Let's go inside then. You must be extremely exhausted."

So you two went inside, back to the others.

There, you could see that Dom had a strange grin on his face.

"What's with you?" you asked him suspiciously.

"Don't mind me."

"Well, whatever. Shouldn't be so important." you thought and paid him no mind.

Then you went to sleep.