(11) Vile

"Fuck!" Lucas hissed, following after Sophie. "Gabriel is five years old. How could you not have kept him on your side?"

"He was a little kid. Babysitting was harder than getting shot."

Sebastian, Paul and Allen met them in the entryway. They stilled to hear the slightest sound, and then they ran up to the living room when they hear a scream.

Sophia's scream.

His heart hammered in his chest. A bile that tasted a lot like fear barricade his throat, knowing she was in danger.

The bile grew when they made it to the living room. Six soldiers aimed their guns at them, they had theirs drawn out.

His hand twitched when he saw Sophie in the middle of the room with a knife held to her throat. She had a hand clutched around her brother's shoulder. Her knuckles were white and there was fear in her eyes, more for Gabriel's life than her own.

"Put your guns down or I'll cut her throat." The one holding her captive snarled at them.

With his eyes trained on Sophie, he dropped his guns on the floor. Their were thuds behind him, his men doing the same.

"Good. I would've enjoyed killing her though."

"Let her go!" Gabriel tried to punched the man's leg furiously.

The man kicked him on his stomach, throwing him all the way across the room.

He whimpered in pain.

"Gabby!" Sophie attempted to help her brother but he pressed the blade closer to her throat.

"Don't move." Her capturer growled.

Something flared in her eyes. Her face turned rigid, almost predatory. Her hand appeared behind her. She had a knife. "How can I move? You have such strong arms."

Her capturer flinched in surprise, the knife moving an inch from her throat. She rammed the knife to his thigh, then twisted.

He cried out in agony and toppled over.

Not wasting a beat, Lucas swept his guns off the floor and fired. His bullets catapulted through two of the enemy's head, the two slumping to the ground with vital chest wounds.

His soldiers, including his brother fought off the remaining enemies. He lifted Gabriel off the floor who started crying. He aimed his gun at Sophie's capturer but she already had him pinned to the floor, her knee pressed on his back as she twisted his arm.

"Don't shoot," Sophie spoke, her voice stern.

His men and his brothers had already taken care of the attackers but they still had their guns held to the last capturer.

"Sophie," Gabby sobbed.

Lucas held his arm.

Her blue eyes found her brother's. "I'm okay, Gabby. I need you to close your eyes."

Gabriel burrowed his face on Lucas' leg and did as what he was told.

The moment his brother closed her eyes, her face shifted into a blank sheet. Maybe there was revenge. But there was also a merciless flicker in her eyes.

She grabbed a fistful of the man's hair, earning a groan. Her hand went to the inside of her dress, riding up to her knees. When her hand reappeared, she was holding a knife.

Lucas watched, not missing a second.

She tugged harder at his hair and slowly positioned the blade to the side of his throat all the way to the other end. Blood gushed out of his throat and she reveled at the sight of it.

There was one thing written on her face: for hurting my brother.

"Damn. Where did she learn to do that?" Jacob whispered to his ear.

Sophie stood up, blood all over her white gown. And she was a fucking sight to behold.