(8) Colson

Allison stared blankly at the television screen the rest of their friends has been completely engrossed with in the last thirty minutes.

A glance made her look like she was into the movie as everybody was. But looking closely, she was bored as hell.

She sat on the end of the sofa, beside Lily who's cuddled with Gab. And then next to him is Josh cozied next to his girlfriend, Grace. Melissa was beside her and then Luke was on the far end corner of the sofa. The two sets of living room sofas were huge. Apparently, too wide apart because Luke kept glancing to the other end where Allison was.

Allison shifted in her seat and... winced. She blushed when he caught her eyes.

Last night was the best night of his life. He hoped it was hers too. Something he wasn't able to determine because she was gone when he woke up. If she left out of disappointment, well that's a major blow on his feelings.

She slid herself off the sofa, slinking away only a quiet person expertly does without even getting noticed. She exited the living room and disappeared to the direction of the kitchen.

Colson drummed his fingers on the arm rest, clenching his jaw. He stood up, earning everyone's attention. He cleared his throat. "Thirsty."

No, he wasn't.

He finds himself making his way to the kitchen. Allison was spooning ice cream onto a glass bowl. He couldn't help but notice the neat fishtail she wove her smooth hair into. She wore a Micky Mouse shirt and a pair of black shorts. There was a pink glow on her cheeks.

God, she looked beautiful.

"Suddenly had cravings?"

She yelped and stabbed a glare his way. "Don't sneak up on me like that. Jesus."

He chuckled, fisting his hands in his pockets as he leaned against the doorframe. "You're way better on sneaking than I am."

She returned the bucket of ice cream to the fridge and turned to her glass bowl. "Earlier or last night?"

He lifted his shoulder. "A little bit of both, I guess?"

She licked her spoon clean and put it down the bowl. "Which one would you like me to justify?"

Last night.

"A little bit of both," he replies, ignoring his specific answer.

"Okay. Earlier: I was bored. Last night: I didn't want Nancy to wake up and find my bed empty."

He strolled inside the kitchen, standing across her, the kitchen island keeping them apart. "And what she thinks matters because...?"

"It doesn't really matter. I just hate the fuss. If it's just one night, it's not worth dealing with the fuss." She takes the spoon out of the bowl again and ushered it to her mouth.

There was a fleeting scrape on his ego. "I'd still like to know if you're okay."

"Why?"

"Because you leaving just like that had me worried. Are you okay?"

Her cheeks turned beet red. "I'm okay. You did me a solid last night for going slow."

Colson can tell she was faking the nonchalance. It was her first time. And he had half of mind to back out last night.

"I didn't do you a solid. You might regret it one day for when you meet the right person."

She frowned, suddenly offended. "Why do people simply assume the exciting things I do is something I'd regret. You make me sound a plain Jane. I'm going to sleep with whomever I want. And if it bothers you that I chose my first time to be with you, I won't feel sorry."

He scratches the back of his neck. "It's not that, Allie-bear."

"Don't 'Allie-bear' me. I slept with you and I liked it. I'm a grown ass woman and I'm allowed to like sleeping with a man," she fumed.

He froze at the outburst. She did too. Her face went flushed and red as tomato as though realizing what she just said. Again, her anger got the best of her. But she owned up to it.

It was nice that all these chinks he finds in her armor are all fueled by anger.

"I was going to say I didn't want you to think badly of me. Maybe you already do, but I don't want you think that I'm a pig," he murmurs.

She looks down to her ice cream, her face still red. "Oh."

He bit back a smile, walking around the island to her.

"I don't think badly of you." She craned her neck to look up to his face.

He gave her a look.

She bit her lip to hide a smile unsuccessfully. "Okay, fine. A little."

He steps a little closer, hooking her chin with her finger. "A little?"

Her face twinkled with the smile that broke loose. And she laughed. "Okay. Not just a little."

He cupped her jaw. "That's more like it."

"I'm sorry. I snuck like some late-night booty call." She leaned to his palm.

"The way you snuck out last night? I was the booty call."

Her nose crinkled. "Really?"

He dipped his head to peck on her nose. "I just wanted to make sure you were okay."

"Well, I'm okay. I just didn't want Nancy to know. Like I said, it's not worth dealing with the fuss for if it were just for one night." She shrugged, picking the ice-cream smothered spoon and licking the tip like a little kid.

No. Not like a little kid. Because it was the sexiest thing he's ever seen.

His hand covered hers that was holding the spoon. "What if it wasn't just for one night?"

She blinked.

He smiles, leaning in and licking the spoon clean. He watched her cheeks flushed red again.

She swallowed. "What do you mean?"

"Three words," he presses a soft kiss on her lips, "Bed. Nights. More."

She closes her eyes. "Why, Colson?"

"Because, I can't get enough of you." He knelt just a tad but this time to pepper her neck with kisses.

She quivered.

"You can say 'no.' You can say 'yes', Allie-bear." He pulls back just slightly to look into her eyes.

She fluttered them open. Her tongue darted nervously over her lip. She broke eye contact, her gaze going to his mouth as she puts the spoon back on the bowl. Then she rolled to her tiptoes, her arms around his neck as she pulls him down for a searing kiss.

His hands secured behind her, fingers spread on her back like she might vanish into thin air. "Yes or no," he murmurs between kisses before she drives him completely distracted.

"You want me to show or tell?"

He chuckles. "Definitely show."