Chapter 20

Khunpol and Ram were outside the operating room, waiting and wishing that everything would be okay. Ram was constantly reassuring his papa who had his face on his palm all this time.

Ram: "Everything's going to be okay, Papa. Please, don't cry"

It's been a few hours and the operation was still ongoing. Khunpol was still in his seat refusing to leave. Ram just finished eating at the cafeteria and came back not forgetting to buy food and water for Khunpol, whose hands are still tangled. Ram sat beside his papa and handed him what he bought. Khunpol waved his hands and shake his head.

Ram: "Please, papa, you haven't eaten something. I'm worried"
Khunpol: "I'm sorry Ram, but I'm just worried... especially, after what your father had said"

The last part was uttered softly, but Ram heard it wide and clear.

Ram: "Dad may have been selfish there. He risked Samara's operation because he wanted you two to stay more. I told him that because I was worried for Samara. I thought that eventually we'll come to this and if you really don't want to be with us anymore, I'll understand. I love you and Samara, so much that I'll let you leave if you don't feel the same way."

Khunpol looked at the same boy who would cry whenever he left for grocery back in the day. "He really have grown up", Khunpol thought.

Khunpol: "I never really got to say sorry for leaving, Ram. You were still so small and I left"
Ram: "It's okay. I understand. Although, for a small amount of time, I did hate you for leaving. I thought that it was because of me and hated me but dad explained it to me and instead, I was sad for you. I didn't know that it would hurt you so bad"
Khunpol: "You really have grown. I'm really sorry for not being there for you, Ram"
Ram: "I'm sorry too, Papa"

Khunpol caressed Ram's cheek and teared up more. He wrapped his arms around his little boy, holding him tight, trying to say that he never hated him. Never a day was he forgotten about the boy, Ram was constantly on Khunpol's mind because for a moment in his life, Ram was his son. Actually, no matter what everyone say, Ram is still his little boy. And it was true in Ram's perspective. Khunpol is still a Papa to him, he would never forget the love and warmth Khunpol had given him despite not his biological son. And everyday, he wished to meet him again so that they can be together but after his dad explained what happened, he thought that day may be gone but he was happy when Khunpol appeared in his sight and because of his overwhelming emotions, the first thing he did was to hug him. He could never ever forget him, not even once.

Just then, the light was turned off and the doctor came out of the operating room. Khunpol and Ram stood up and walked towards the said doctor.

Khunpol: "How are they, doctor?"
Doctor: "Don't worry, the operation was a success, although we had some troubles along the way but they survived. They were so strong. We'll transfer them to Room 10, so you can wait for them there. And also Mr. Khunpol, I will have a word with you sometime tomorrow for Samara's recovery." 

Khunpol felt like his vision was all in colors when he heard that the two important people in his life are okay and alive.

Khunpol: "Sure, doc. Thank you very much"

The doctor smiled, giving him strength. As soon as the doctor was out of sight, Ram and Khunpol waited in the room and when the two arrived, they waited again for them to wake up.

-----‐-----------------------------------------------------------------
Meanwhile, Leo was in the studio looking at a news article. He was shocked to what he had read. He turned off his phone and threw it to God knows where.He sighed and massaged his temples in frustration. In this state, he couldn't think of any song he could write.

He heard a knock on the door but didn't bother to answer. He was just thinking on the news article and couldn't believe it until now. And it looks like the person knocking went in since he heard the door clicked. He was waiting for that person to talk thinking it may be a staff who need something.

???: "Leo"

The said man shot his head up when he heard the voice. He turned his chair around and saw Fiat smiling at him.

Fiat: "I came to visit. I'm not interrupting, am I?"
Leo: "I guess not since I couldn't even think of a goddamn song"

Fiat was hesitant to speak since Leo looked pissed but still he took the courage.
Fiat: "Ram texted me. It seems like Samara just finished the operation"
Leo: "WHAT?! Why didn't they tell me?"

Leo, remembering he threw his phone somewhere, suddenly stood up and looked for it while cursing at himself. Fiat, on the other hand, got more worried and spoke.

Fiat: "Khunpol was crying the whole time, Ram said. He may have been worried. I think it's best to leave him alone for now. He said that the operation was a success."

Leo, who has finally found his phone thought that Fiat was right. He sighed once again and sat in his chair. Falling into silence, Leo decided to give himself a chance.

Leo: "Why didn't you tell me?"
Fiat: "Tell you what?"

Leo finally turned his chair to look at the nervous man behind him.

Leo: "Your company's possible filing of bankruptcy. It was all over the news"

-------------------------------
Hello. An update for you all before our midterm examination next week hehehe.

Please do not mind any wrong grammar cause I didn't check 😅

I hope you have a great day 😘