Chapter 17

On Saturday, I put the dress on again and admire myself in the mirror. I put on a little bit of makeup because I wanted the dress to speak for itself. I was debating if I should put my hair up or leave it down. I decided to put it up since it's always down and I needed a little change. I grabbed a scarf to wrap myself around since it's December and freezing out. Alex said he was going to be running late and to meet him at the dance, so I headed out.

As I entered the school gym, which was where the winter formal was taking place, I spotted my friends, who were sitting with their dates and approached them. I looked around to see if Alex arrived yet. I didn't see him but I found Asher. He was wearing a black suit with a black shirt underneath. The first couple of buttons unbuttoned. He looked so hot. I didn't think he could look any better but I was wrong. He had his hair slicked back loosely with gel with a couple strands on his forehand. Next to him was Emily who looked gorgeous. She was wearing a long dark grey dress with her hair curled. She had her arms linked in with Asher's. Alexa, play "That Should Be Me" by Justin Bieber.

"Hey, sorry for being late. I missed the bus I was supposed to take," I zoned back in as Alex talked.
"Oh, no, that's alright, I just got here too."
"I'm gonna go get a drink, you want anything?"
"No thank you," I smiled as he walked away. I turned around to see Asher behind me. There goes the butterflies in my stomach again.
"Hey," Asher said, looking up and down at me slowly.
"Hi," you could hear the nervousness in my voice.
"You look... beautiful."
"Thank you," I blushed. "You don't look too bad yourself." I was trying really hard to stay calm.
"So who's your date?" He asked and I felt an arm around my waist.
"She's with me," Alex said, taking a sip of his punch.
"No way, why didn't I know?" He asked me.
"I guess I forgot to mention it." I shrugged. "Anyways, where's Emily?"
"Oh she went to the restroom."
"You sure she didn't run away and ditch you Ashy," Alex said and I giggled. Asher gave him a 'seriously' look.
"Aw is Ashy upset?" I joined in. This time Asher was laughing.
"Not you too Aspen," Asher said.
"Oh so it's funny when she calls you Ashy," Alex was jealous.
"That's because she's cute and you're not." Did he just call me cute? Aahhh!!
"You don't get to call her cute. She's my date." Alex brings me closer to him.
"We've been friends longer than you've been her date," Asher pulls me towards him.
"Can you guys stop pulling me?" I responded.
"Sorry," they both said in sync.
"It's a slow song, wanna dance?" Alex held out his hand for me and I took it.
"Sure." As we walked to the dance floor, Asher turned around and it seemed like he wasn't too happy seeing me with Alex. I couldn't help but wonder why? Emily then appears and they both join us to dance. When I turned all my attention to Alex, he kept making funny comments, that made me laugh until my stomach hurt.

After the song ended, we sat on the table with Asher and Emily since the table my friends were at was full. Asher and Emily both looked so happy together and I felt happy for them. I started to accept it. I caught Asher looking at me a few times but I ignored. He then cleared his throat and I looked up since he clearly wanted attention. I looked at him and he just smiled. I gave him a 'what's up' look and he just shook his head 'nothing.'

Why is he acting so weird ever since we got here?

A/N
Why is Asher acting weird? Above I attached a picture of Aspen, Emily, and Asher's fit for the formal.
Please vote if you enjoyed reading this chapter.