Chapter 14

Toni decides to walk me to the bus stop the next day because her dad was going to be a bit late to pick her up. As we approached the bus stop to meet with Asher for ice cream, we spotted a beautiful girl standing next to him. She had dirty blonde hair and a body any girl would die for. She was wearing a white shirt, tucked in her denim jeans that hugged her long legs perfectly. She looked like she was about my height which was 5'7. I knew she was Emily. Asher and Emily looked so perfect for each other.

I felt Toni squeeze my hand to make sure I was okay. "Was this the reason you were avoiding Asher?"
"Yep," I replied as if I was fine with all this.
"You know you don't have to act that you're okay right? I know it hurts." She was right, it hurt like hell. "I hate to leave you here by yourself, but my dad just texted that he's here. Are you sure you're okay?"
"I will be." I forced a smile.

As I watch her leave, Asher approaches me. "Hey, there you are. I've been waiting for you. I'm so excited for you to meet Emily."
"I thought she wasn't supposed to come until tomorrow." I replied looking behind him to see her looking around.
"Yeah me too but she just showed up in front of the school and surprised me. Come on let me introduce you to her." He held my wrist and dragged me towards her. "Em, I want you to meet my very good friend, Aspen. And Aspen, this Emily, my girlfriend." I felt my heart being stabbed a thousand times.
"Hi, nice to meet you," She held out her hand.
"Nice to meet you too," I took her hand.
"I'm excited to get to know the girl that Asher has been talking about since I got here." I smiled at Asher.
"Alright, you ladies can chit chat later. Now can we please go get ice cream?" Asher begged. Wait, all three of us? Well, this is going to be awkward, at least for me.

We went for ice cream while Asher stood between us holding Emily's hand. I kinda just felt left out. It's not their fault, Emily's really nice for someone who I really wanted to hate. I couldn't take the pain anymore.

"I actually have to leave right now," I lied in order to get out of there.
"We'll go together," Asher stood up.
"No, you guys stay, I'll go. It was nice meeting you Emily."
"Okay then, be safe. And I'll see you tomorrow." Asher said and I left.

My whole ride home was filled with thoughts of Asher and Emily and how they deserved each other and how happy they were together. I don't fit in that picture. I never did and never will.

After I finished my homework and headed to bed, I got a message from an unknown number. I opened the message and it read:
"Sorry for today."
I wondered who it could be. I thought maybe Toni but why would she message from an unknown number. I just texted back, "Who is this?" It didn't take long for them to reply. "It's Asher." Asher? "How did you get my number?" I texted back.
"I bumped into Toni after you left and asked for it." He replied.
"Oh okay. So why are you sorry?"
"I'm sorry about today. I didn't mean for you to feel like a third wheeler. It must've been weird for you."
"No it wasn't, I just need to go home," I lied.
"Fine, I believe you. But you have to let me make it up to you."
"Okay?"
"Tomorrow. You, me, basketball court."
"Are you challenging me to a basketball game with you?"
"Maybe I am."
"Deal."
"Yay, see you tomorrow then. <3"

I took a nap earlier today so I couldn't sleep at night. I was just thinking about Asher. It wasn't until like 3 in the morning that I started to doze off to sleep.

A/N
We finally meet the famous Emily! Why does Asher want another chance so badly? Read the next chapter to find out.