Chapter 16 *Aspen's POV*

He was invading my personal space. And I looked up at his blue eyes which looked back at me. The ball bounced off the court, leaving me and Asher intensely staring at each other. His eyes trail down at my lips. Oh my God what is he gonna do? I'm not ready for this, I'm not ready. His thumb slightly touches the side of my lips.
"You had chocolate on your lips," he said.
"Oh," I wiped my lips and I could feel myself turn red.
"I think we should go. The sun starts to set early now." I just nodded.

We walked together silently, still feeling awkward. We get on the bus and sit together. "Are you taking Emily to the winter formal?" I asked, breaking the silence.
"Yeah," we both nodded. "You taking anyone?"
"No, might find someone last minute." I needed to find someone who was willing to take me because Toni, Tess, and Scarlett, all had dates.

The next morning, I tried to forget my awkward interaction with Asher. I looked around the lunch room to see if I can ask anyone and who most likely would nicely reject me. What? I'm sensitive. I see Alex throwing out his lunch tray and quickly approached him.
"Hey Alex."
"Hey Aspen." He smiled.
"I know you probably have a date already for the winter formal..."
"No, I don't," he cut me off. "Are you asking me out?"
"Yeah, I was wondering if you would like to go with me?"
"I'd love to," he replied. "But I thought you were into Asher." My eyes widened. How'd he know?
"Don't worry I won't tell him," he smirked. I mouth him a thank you and leave. Is it that obvious that I liked him? Did everyone know? Everyone but Asher? Or does he know too?

I pushed these thoughts away and focused on what I should wear. The winter formal was on Saturday and I had less than two days to pick out a dress.

My friends and I decided to go dress searching for the formal after school. I personally was never into things like this. Give me whatever and I'll wear it. My only condition was it had to be long enough and not tight. Tess and Scarlett were able to find a dress and Toni already bought her dress earlier. It was hard finding anything that was at least knee length or one that didn't suffocate me. I really liked a lot of dresses but they just weren't for me.

"Aspen check this one out," Tess pointed to an emerald green satin slip dress.
"Oh my God, this dress is beautiful," Scarlett admired. "If Aspen doesn't take it, I'm switching mine with this one."
"Why is it that you want to take everything that's hers?" Toni asked.
"Asher isn't hers," Scarlett replied. This caused both Tess and Toni to look at her with wide eyes. "OMG, Aspen, I didn't mean it like that."
"Guys, it's okay," I said. "And I love this dress, it's gorgeous." The dress really was. It was unlike any other that I've seen so far. When I tried it on, it fit perfectly. With all of us happy about our purchases, we all headed home.

A/N
Alex taking Aspen to the dance?? How do you think Asher will handle this? What do you guys think about Aspen's friends? And her dress?