Chapter 17

It was officially three months since Sarah and had I shifted. It was way too long if you asked me , and in that span of time , much happened.

Last week I turned 15. It felt good. Now I was also the same age I was in my desired reality , meaning no more age confusion.

I still thought about my desired reality all the time. I think about Hogwarts , and the people. I think about my parents and the memories I had there.

"Be good," My dad warned , while dropping me off at Sarah's house. "I know, I know," I sighed , annoyed with my father for treated me like a baby.

Sarah's door opened the moment I stepped foot on her doorstep. "Ah! Come in!" Sarah's mom smiled , opening the door for me.

I stepped inside Sarah's house , handing Sarah's mom my coat. "Sarah! Your friend is here!"

I stood awkwardly in the entrance of their house , not sure what words would be appropriate to say. The moment Sarah walked down the stairs I instantly ran up to her , following her to her room.

"When are they coming?" I questioned as Sarah and I made our ways to her bedroom. "They should be here any minute," Sarah replied , glancing at her clock that sat by her bedside.

Our friends were coming over and as scheduled we were all supposed to go to the mall. Since Sarah and I became part of a friend group recently , we started hanging out with more people.

The doorbell rang and both Sarah and me ran downstairs to see who had arrived. Taken back at the fact all our friends stood in Sarah's doorway at once , Sarah welcomed them in. Annie , Jason , Louie all thankfully came in.

"I didn't know you guys all came together," I told them as the group continued to make their ways inside. "We didn't," Annie admitted , taking off her coat. "Just showed up at the time , coincidentally."

Over the past three months that Sarah and I had stayed here , we became extremely close with these certain group of people who we hoped were considered our friend group.

Jason and Annie attended the same school I did. I met them in grammar school and always knew them. Louie went to Sarah's school.

Out of the whole friend group , not counting Sarah of course , Jason and I were probably the closest.

I looked down at my phone. Pictures of Draco covered my screen as I scrolled through my pinterest boards of him.

Jason grabbed my phone from my hands , holding it out of reach from me. "Who's this?" he smirked.

"Who's who?" Annie questioned , seeming fairly interested in the conversation. "Oh , Draco Malfoy?" She answered my question as she looked at my phone screen , Jason showed her.

"Isn't he some character from a book? Or from that movie?" Jason asked , not sure if was right or wrong.

Like I said, knowing he was just some fictional character written from a book was what made me the most sad , so when Jason said that, my heart sank.

I nodded my head , with my smiled fading. I reached for my phone that Jason had placed back in my reach.

"Does Jason know about how you and Sarah are doing that whole shifting thing?" Annie questioned. I was surprised Annie even brought it up considering she didn't think it was real.

"Shifting?" Jason laughed. "What's shifting?"

I glanced Annie a quick glare , annoyed that she had to bring it up. "It's nothing. I don't know what Annie's talking about."

~

Later that night once everybody had left , Sarah and I lay awake in her bedroom. "I saw the way you and Jason looked at each other," Sarah teased. I looked up at the girl , confused what she meant. "What? Jason and I are just friends."

Sarah shot me and unsure expression. "Are you sure about that?" She joked.

I threw my pillow across the room , as it fell onto her face. "And anyways , I like Draco. Not Jason."

Sarah sat up quickly. "Kimmie, Draco's from another universe. In one universe you can like him but here? He doesn't exist here. Don't let that universe affect this one."

I looked over to Sarah , who looked deeply at me acting as if what she had just said was serious.

"I know, I know," I assured her, brushing the issue away. "That's why we're taking a break from shifting. But right now I can't see myself actually liking somebody without thinking of him."

Sarah muttered an okay before sitting back.

But she was right. I couldn't let one universe get in the way of another , but I couldn't help it.