Chapter 56

a/n : guys, i broke my thumb which is super annoying because now i have to type with one hand , which is so annoying because i type slower so ugh.

~

"Don't let one universe interfere with the other"

"Two different universes don't confuse them"

"I love you"

"Shifting? What's that?"

"I like you"

"You have a life here"

I instantly sat up in cold sweat, panicked , gasping for air as sweat trickled down my cheek. I tried breathing , but it wasn't working. I forgot how to breathe.

Draco's arms found themselves away from my waist as they untangled their grip as I pulled away , still hyperventilating.

I tried breathing , but it was working. I breathed in and out quickly countless times but I still felt out of breath. Was I even breathing right?

I heard the bedsheets crinkle behind me , not bothering to check , still trying to regain myself again.

Instantly I felt a cold hand touch my shoulder , causing me to flinch at the movement. The hand fell off quickly.

I turned around to see Draco , sitting up tiredly , rubbing his eyes. His blonde hair over looked his face , as he struggled to keep his eyes open.

"Kimmie?" He breathed tiredly , confused at what was happening. I looked back at the boy panicked , quickly turning around , trying to make sure he hadn't noticed what was happening. "Kimmie-Kimmie , what's wrong?" He finally spoke.

I breathed in deeply , letting out a loud breath as I turned back to Draco , still struggling to keep his eyes opened , yet still looking at me. "Are you okay?" He placed his cold hand on my shoulder , this time without making me flinch.

I placed my hand on top of his his , as I looked back at the worried boy. "Bad dream," I answered softly , earning back my peace. "Are you sure?"

I sat back , softly placing my head onto him as he wrapped his hands around me again. He didn't even have to say anything , just the touch of him made me feel safe. "Yes," I mumbled. "I'm sorry I woke you up."

Draco looked down at me , causing me to look up at him. "Are you sure you're fine?" He asked , brushing away my apology.

I nodded as he gave me a 'if you say so , but i don't really believe you' look.

I looked up slowly to see Draco's eyes closed once again as he slept peacefully , breathing softly.

I diverted my attention back down to my own thoughts as I glanced around the dark room.

I didn't lie when I reassured Draco I just had a bad dream. Because I did. But this dream was different , different from my other nightmares.

I saw myself leaving Draco and never coming back to him. Memories of Sarah warning me about becoming too attached played over and over again. Scenes of Draco played over and over again. But worst of all , the vision of me leaving Draco was what got to me.

I couldn't bare to think of what would happen if I did leave Draco. I would never forgive myself.

~

A soft knocking occurred at the door , causing Draco and I to awake to the sound. Draco's arms were still entangled around me as I played over the nightmare I had from last night.

"Draco," the voice started , no obvious it was Narcissa. "We're all waiting for you downstairs. I preferred if you'd hurry up?"

Draco sat up , rubbing his eyes as the sunlight from outside shone through the window , shinning onto his pale skin.