Chapter 13

Today was the day. It was the final task of the Tri-Wizarding Tournament. Due to the amount of excitement that overwhelmed me , I decided to awake earlier then normal , making sure to wish Cedric good luck.

I entered the common room to hear the dreadful noise of sobs coming across the room. I urgently ran over to see what the noise was.

I then saw Pansy sobbing into Blaise as he reassured her that everything was going to be okay.

"What happened?" I questioned to Blaise , concerned at the situation , pointing down to Pansy.

"Draco broke up with me," Pansy sobbed. The girl immediately got up as she proceeded to storm out of the common room.

My mouth fell open , my lips then parted into a huge smile. Finally they were over with. I didn't know if I could bare to see the two continue any longer. This was all 6 months over due.

I then washed the feeling away , noting how bad of a person it made me to feel that type of hatred towards a person.

I entered the Great Hall and instantly I spotted Draco already seated at the Slytherin table. I smiled , ready to ask about him and Pansy's drama.

"So," I smirked , taking a seat next to him. "I heard about Pansy's dilemma."

Draco shot me an embarrassed expression. "I'm assuming she must've told you," Draco started. Instantly I spotted the familiar Hufflepuff entering the room , students congratulating him everywhere.

"Hold that thought," I spoke in a rushed tone to Draco as I sprinted out of my seat , ready to congratulate Cedric as well.

"Today's the day!" I spoke with excitement, giving Cedric a hug as he didn't hesitate to hug me back.

As I hugged Cedric , I couldn't help but notice Draco across the room. He watched the two us while shooting me a rude glare.

'Jealous much' I thought to myself.

~

Draco , Pansy, Blaise , and I sat top row of the seating arrangement , with a perfect view of the maze. The moment Cedric came out holding the Tri-Wizard cup , I wanted to be the first person to congratulate him.

Pansy was refusing to talk to Draco. I assumed she was still hung up over the break up that had occurred between the two this morning.

I ran through the group of students in front of me , rushing up to Cedric and bombarding him with a hug.

"Good luck," I smiled as I hugged him tightly.

"Kimmie?" Cedric asked calmly , still having his arms wrapped around me. "Yes?" I smiled as I broke away from the hug , staring up into his eyes.

"I need to tell you something," he continued as he gulped nervously. I shot him a confused look. "Well, what is it?" I asked. "Is everything okay?"

"Fine actually," Cedric mumbled. "I just wanted to tell you something." He scratched the back of his head nervously as he struggled to find the right words to say next.

"I like you," he blurted. "Like I really like you."

I opened my mouth at the remark , not being able to contain myself. Was I hearing this right? Did Cedric Diggory just say he liked me?

I tried to keep myself under control , because quite frankly , I didn't know how to react without being awkward.

Trying to stay under control , I instantly smiled as Cedric looked down to the grass , fidgeting with his sleeve , nervous to see how I would response. "I like you too Cedric."