Chapter 64

I had searched everywhere for Draco in no hopes of finding him. I had gone the whole day , dreading each class not sure if it was my last time in that class or not.

Sarah had not shown to any classes , and I had wondered if she left or not already.

I wiped the few tears that fell from my eyes with the sleeve of my sweater , trying to hold it together for myself.

I wanted to stay. I wanted to stay here forever and never have to worry about ever leaving , never having to worry about my current reality , never having to worry about anything other than life here. But I couldn't because it wasn't possible and Sarah was right. I couldn't stay here forever , no matter what I did or how bad I wanted to , it simply wasn't possible and it hurt. It hurt a lot.

Life here was everything to me. It was more than I could ever thank the universe for. It was everything I could ever want. Just living here was everything.

I smiled with a tear rolling down my cheek remembering the old memories. How I first met Draco, my first look around the castle, the yule ball, even sharing a dorm with Pansy. No matter how much she disliked me or pretended to like me, I had grew to like her over time although most times she was annoying.

And Draco was everything to me here. He was there for me when nobody else was. He was the first person I truly loved , regardless if we were universes apart. I loved him and that's all I knew.

I wanted to find him. And I had tried to , but I couldn't. It was like he left the castle because everywhere I had looked , he was nowhere to be seen.

With tears in my eyes, I started down to Sarah's dorm, still somehow praying she had left without me, leaving me here not having to shift back yet.

Yet. Right, yet. Sarah was right. I couldn't stay here forever because sooner or later the time would come where I would have to leave.

Finding my way to Sarah's dorm through the Hufflepuff common room, I knocked slightly although I didn't have to because the door opened itself.

Sarah stood with tears falling from her face in front of the door. Her face was red all over , as mascara smudged across her under eyes, her cheeks wet from the fallen tears, not much different from my face.

She didn't hesitate to throw her arms around me. The room was silent other then the sobs that fell from both Sarah and I.

This was my home for years. And the thought of saying a final goodbye and never coming back haunted me. It was my worse fear and for years I brushed it off knowing that my future self would deal with it but now I was my future self and now I was dealing with it.

My mind then fled to Draco. It hurt so much knowing I didn't even wish him a final goodbye.

Tears fell and sobs let out as I hugged Sarah harder then ever. My stomach hurt and my head was hot when he came to my mind. I loved him so much and the thought of never getting to see him again broke me.

I loved him more than anything. More then life and more. He was the moon to my stars. The sun to my sky. The light of my life. He was everything. And then he would be nothing other then a sad memory of somebody I would never see again.

"Let's go," I spoke in between sobs but still quickly. "I need to leave. I need to go. I can't stay another second without guilt filling my body and telling me otherwise."

Sarah nodded as tears continued to fall down her face. "Wait," I stopped her. Tears continued to fall from my mascara smudged eyes. "I need a moment."

I turned around , sitting on the edge of Sarah's bed , staring in the direction of her window. The full moon sat in the sky , shining down onto me.

The hardest part was Draco and I wouldn't even be staring at the same moon. We were universes apart , there was no way for me to ever see him.

"We practically grew up here," I blurt out. Sarah turned over to me , her face still wet. "We grew up shifting between realities and now- and now it's time to leave. Every chapter must come to end."

Sarah's eyes fell. She hesitated before taking a seat next to me. "I never said it Kimmie, but you were right. This place is more of a home then back there will ever be," she turned over , attempting to shine a smile to me but tears fell from her face , covering up any signs of happiness. "Shifting here will always and ever be the best thing that has ever happened to me. And the greatest part was I could do it with my best friend. And not every friendship duo gets to say their best friends in two different universes."

A small laugh came out of my mouth , pain still behind it. "I'm gonna miss this place," I smiled , my voice trailing off into a sob. "More than anything ever." I looked over to Sarah. "I'll always remember how all those years ago, I decided to scroll through social media and I came across that stupid video on shifting." I laughed again but pain still covered up the laugh. "And I'll always thank us both for not giving up when we were on our lowest point of belief that we wouldn't shift. And because we didn't give up , I spent practically almost four years of my life in the best way I ever could." I fidgeted with my jacket sleeve. "I experienced life here. I attended Hogwarts School Of Witchcraft and Wizardry," I said in a sarcastic tone. "I learned what true friendship really was and went through the worst pain of losing everything but then gained it back because of the stupid Slytherin boy I fell in love with. And that's all I ever wanted. And I got it. And there will never be a bone in my body that will stay ungrateful for all these memories. I will never forget this place. I will never forget about shifting here."

Tears fell from my eyes as I lay my head on Sarah's shoulder. "One day, in another life I'll see him again. But for now I'll wait. And I'll wait for him."

I looked up to Sarah's teary eyes. "I'm ready."

And with that, everything I loved swept away.