Chapter 48

hey guys !! sorry for not posting yesterday , but anyways merry christmas (if you celebrate) !!

~

I sat with boredom at the Slytherin table , without Draco. Pansy wasn't here , and neither was Blaise , so I sat alone.

I decided to head over to the Gryffindor table , where Hermione , Ron , and Harry sat due to my lack of company at the Slytherin table.

I took a seat next to Hermione. Harry's head was dug into a spell book. I was debating if I would stay sitting with them or not , considering they looked occupied with something.

"Harry," Hermione whispered as Harry's head shot up from the spell book he was studying. "That's Katie. Katie Belle."

I looked over to the direction Hermione was starting at. She was right. Katie Belle was back from the infirmary.

Harry got up instantly and rushed over to where Katie stood. I followed Harry.

"Katie," Harry started , causing Katie to turn around. "How are you?"

"I know you're going to ask Harry," Katie sighed. "But I don't know who cursed me. I've been trying to remember. Honestly. But I just can't."

Katie's eyes slowly turned over to the direction behind Harry and I. A worried look covered Katie's face. Harry and I turned around immediately to the sight of Draco.

Draco had the same worried expression Katie had , but almost worse. He looked at me before heading out of the Great Hall quickly. I didn't care to hear what Harry or Katie said next but instead rushed after Draco.

"Draco!" I yelled as he hurried up a row of stairs in front of me. Draco ignored me , as he continued to rush away from me.

I followed Draco into the abandon bathrooms as he broke down in front of the mirrors , he pulled his sweater over his head. I flinched at his sobs. I didn't want to see him like this.

"Draco?" I mumbled as Draco turned around. Tears filled his eyes , and a scared look took over his face.

"Kimmie," Draco cried. "You have to go."

I ran up to Draco urgently as I pulled him into a tight hug. He sobbed into my hair.

"Draco," I started. "What happened?"

Draco broke away from the hug as he turned away , facing the mirror.

"I messed up," he cried. "I messed up."

"What do you mean?"

Before Draco could respond, Harry yelled coldly at Draco , causing Draco and I to jump at Harry's cold tone.

"I know what you did Malfoy," Harry hissed.

Draco turned around quickly.

"You hexed her, didn't you?" Harry continued.

Draco started to breathe heavily as he whipped out his wand.

"Draco," I pleaded. "Don't!"

Before I knew it , the abandoned bathrooms were filled with chaos between the two boys. They shot spells as each other , every which way , as I headed for a bathroom stall , trying to get away from the fight. I sobbed behind the stall, praying their feud would end.

"Sectumsempra!" Harry yelled as a Draco fell to the floor.

I urgently threw open the bathroom stall to see Draco laying painfully on the ground. Tears fell from his eyes , blood splattered around his body , and he lay on the flooded bathroom floor.

"Draco!" I cried.

I ran over to Draco quickly , as I placed my hand on his head. I couldn't imagine the pain he was in.

"Harry!" I sobbed. "What did you do?"

Harry approached the scene slowly , unable what to say. I knew Harry didn't intentionally mean to hurt Draco like he did , but I was so caught up in the moment I couldn't control my anger.

"Harry!"

Harry stood silently , looking down at Draco's body. His face was white , processing what he had just done.

"Don't just stand there!" I cried. "Help me!"

Suddenly , Snape entered the bathrooms. He rushed over to where Draco was , pushing Harry out of the way. I gently let Draco go , letting Snape take over.

Snape glared coldly at Harry , who stood awkwardly staring down at Draco before turning away , exiting the bathrooms.

Snape nodded at me , motioning me to go. I hesitated , not wanting to leave Draco. Snape stared at me , waiting for me to leave. I turned around following Harry out.

"Harry!" I yelled.

Harry stopped in his tracks turning around.

"What is wrong with you?" I spat. "You could've killed him!"

"I didn't mean for it to get that far!" Harry protested.

"But it did!" I sobbed pointing at the bathrooms where Draco still was.

"If he dies," I started. "I'll never forgive you."

Harry stood there , unsure what to do before walking up to me awkwardly. He pulled me into a hug.

"I'm sorry," he mumbled. "Really."

I sobbed into his chest. I couldn't imagine what would happen if Draco died.