Sixteen

"Great news!" The doctor came in and startled Luke who was trying to look calm for Rebecca. "You're pregnant!"

"What?" Rebecca exhaled. Panic struck all over her face and Luke was numb.

"I'm joking, you have the stomach flu," the doctor laughed nervously.

Luke rolled his eyes and felt his heart beat slightly slower at the relief. Ever since Rebecca wasn't feeling good and the regular over-the-counter drugs weren't working, Luke had finally decided to take her to the hospital the morning after. Delphine didn't mind Rebecca staying a few more days in Calum's home as long as there was someone taking care of her. Now, there was three days left before Christmas and Luke hadn't stopped thinking about where Celeste might've hid the ring because Luke was to spend the rest of the holiday time until New Years at his parents' home.

"I suggest a lot of rest and away from stress and internal tension," the doctor said. He had a funny middle eastern accent and his little name-tag said 'Dr Ahmed.' He had a dark beard that covered half his face and dark brown eyes. The doctor was just as tall as Luke and had long hair that stopped just before the bottom of his neck. It looked greasy and thick or maybe it was from all the hair product he was using. "Are you seeing a therapist?"

"No," Rebecca shook her head.

"Well your stress levels seem to be high. Not enough sex?" the doctor chuckled.

Luke watched Rebecca turn bright red as he smirked. "I can assure there is plenty," he laughed along. Rebecca smacked Luke's arm and he let go of her hands to rub his sore skin.

"The stomach flu should go away in a few days after I prescribe this pill to you. You should take one a day until the pain goes away and if your head hurts, don't take this, just take a break," the doctor said.

"Thanks," Rebecca said.

"So are you two married?"

Both Rebecca and Luke shook their head. "Are you planning for a baby?"

Again, they shook their head. "But you're not using protection."

Rebecca looked up at Luke and he bit his lip, shaking his head slowly and readjusting the black baseball cap on his head. "I see," the doctor said, "It has nothing to do with her stomach flu but I just want to give you guys a heads up about it."

Luke felt uneasy now. He hadn't been using protection and what if the doctor was wrong and one day she was pregnant before they were officially married? Yes, Luke loved her and wanted to spend the rest of his life with her at this rate but he had so much going on for him at the moment that he didn't even know how he would keep up with the relationship itself while he was gone. Noah would obviously be two steps ahead of Luke if Luke and Rebecca didn't do well with long distance. It was a no-brainer by now but the thought still bothered him even as many times as Rebecca said that she loved him and he loved her back.

"Even so, birth control has a lot of defects within your own body and protection sometimes breaks. I suggest if you're not wanting to start a family now, you should keep to yourselves in bed," the doctor said.

"Thank you," Luke said, cutting the doctor off, "We'll take care of it."

The doctor nodded. "Well you're free to go, just make sure to take the medication until the pain goes away. I have to warn you, if things aren't going right, you'll find yourself addicted to the numbness if gives you. I say have your boyfriend monitor your medication intake."