Twenty-Five

It was everywhere three days after it happened. All of the gossip television shows had only one topic to talk about and all of the magazines had the same two faces on the covers. The internet was buzzed with the trend of Luke's and Rebecca's engagement. The only thing you saw when you opened up some type of social network was Luke and Rebecca's engagement. It happened like this:

The last the show in Europe for 5 Seconds of Summer was in Milan, Italy. As soon as they arrived there, the only thing on Luke's mind was buying a ring. Rebecca, Lynn and Holly were arriving in Milan in a couple of hours after the 5SOS boys arrived. After they were settled into the hotel, Luke got his three bandmates and they searched the city for the best jewellers. A local fan had told them a beautiful place in the modern city. So, that's where they went.

"Posso aiutarla?" a beautiful raven-haired lady asked Luke. He gave her a smile and nodded his head.

"Do you speak English?" he asked.

"Yes," she told him, "But not very well, I hope you don't mind."

"You'll do. You see, I want to propose to my girlfriend tonight. I need the best ring you have and I need it well... now."

The girl's eyes widened. Maybe Luke was being a little demanding but he didn't care. This was for Rebecca and at the end of the day that was all that mattered. She was all that mattered.

"If we want to give you the best ring, you must wait long time for it," the lady said.

"How long?" Ashton asked, crossing his arms. The boys went to go look around the store but Ashton stayed with Luke.

"A couple of hours to a couple of weeks. It depends," the lady said.

"What can you get me in a couple of hours?" Luke asked.

The lady took in a deep breath and held up her one finger before going into the back of the shop. Luke tapped his foot against the marbled floors and then began to pace back and forth.

"Dude, calm down," Ashton chuckled.

"I can't calm down. I want to marry her Ash. I've never wanted something like this since the band. I get like this tingling feeling everywhere and that's how I know it's really something special," Luke said.

"Good things come to those who wait," Ashton just said. Luke rolled his eyes and shoved his best mate.

"Just shut up."

Soon, the same lady came back in with an older man. He had tanned skin and grey glistened dark hair. He had a suit on that seemed too tight for his very large body. He was fat but boy did he have a smile on his face when he saw the boys. The lady was talking to him in Italian.

"You want the best ring, eh?" the man asked Luke. He nodded his head.

"In two hours I can get you the best ring we have. You come back in two hours and we'll have two carat, three diamond ring. The band is platinum, very good and last long. But, we must charge more because of quick demand," he said.

"Fine by me," Luke told him, "How much will it be?"

* * * * *

Rebecca had been having so much fun going around Europe. She had seen so many things and she had strengthened her friendships with Holly and Lynn. Everything was perfect and she couldn't have asked for anything more.

"So does anyone speak Italian?" Lynn asked, smiling at the paparazzi who were all yelling out their names and asking them to look over at their camera.