Fifteen

Amazing was an understatement to call last night. The show was stupendous and the after-party was just as good. Rebecca smirked at herself as she flipped pancakes in Luke's kitchen, wearing his old Norwest track clothing that didn't fit him anymore [she didn't know why he hadn't given them away or sold them. Imagine how many people would buy clothes worn by the Luke Hemmings himself?] over her bra and a pair of Luke's boxers.

Luke was still asleep and that gave Rebecca the satisfaction of replaying the events of last night in her head. Chords of one of their songs played and Ashton shot out, on his drum kit, then Calum and Michael shot out at the same time from different sides of the small stage. Then, Luke was last, playing his chords easily as he walked to his mic and quickly adjusted his to use.

"Usually we sing before we say anything," Luke said as the music played. "But I wanted to share this with everyone."
A smile broke on his face as his blue eyes, that were a bit hazy from the distance, found Rebecca's. He winked at her and people around Rebecca screamed louder.
"I'm currently twenty-two years old and I still sing 18 as if I were seventeen. That's not the point. The point is although I'm well past eighteen, I found someone who makes me feel like I'm eighteen again. Without further or do, Princess this one's for you."

Luke began to sing and everyone seemed to sing along to themselves or as loud as they could. Rebecca was enjoying herself as the four boys she knew who skipped class to sneak to practice in Ashton's garage were on stage. Memories of Luke ringing her phone after school because he couldn't hang out for 'band meetings' came up. Rebecca remembered her anger toward Luke and feeling of strong betrayal. But she couldn't help but gape her mouth in awe to see those band meetings and sacrifices were worth it. Rebecca had wondered if her sacrifices to get where she was were necessary.

She began to hate herself. If she hadn't fallen under the pressure of everyone around her, she could've toured with Luke's band. Rebecca could've watched their first show and their last. She could've sold merchandise with Holly and Lynn and go to after-parties with a heap of celebrities she already knew. But she didn't and she wasn't there. Rebecca was with Noah, someone she claimed she loved but barely knew. Noah was someone she committed to but didn't know why. And today, she was to meet with the man that she had fooled. It was clear now: Rebecca was a monster.

"Princess?" A groggy voice said. Luke walked in, shirtless and Rebecca noticed what looked like black splatter above Luke's waistline that was covered by a pair of blue boxers.
"Is that a tattoo?" she asked. Luke turned red.
"You weren't supposed to see that."
"How could I not? We slept together like five times!"
"I'm pretty sure it was dark every time we did."
"What's it say?"
"It says nothing."

Luke ran to his room to fetch a shirt and he came back with the same shirt he wore a Misfits black singlet. Rebecca turned off the stove and put the plates on the marble kitchen bench and walked toward Luke. She tried to lift his shirt but Luke swatted her hands away.
"Let me see!" Rebecca laughed, "Why is it so bad? Mumma Liz don't like it?"
"She doesn't know about it, so drop it," Luke said coldly.

Rebecca shut her mouth and walked back to the pancakes and drizzled a pound of syrup on her pile before starting to eat. Luke sat next to her and took a swig of his coffee as he placed his right hand on Rebecca's exposed thigh.
"I'm sorry, that came out wrong," he said desperately.
"It's all right," Rebecca waved off.

They ate in silence until Luke finished his pancakes in a few bites and swallowed the last of it before speaking. "March, 2013, I was twenty years old, Dublin, Ireland. Ashton thought it'd be absolutely amazing to compete in a drinking game as he teased me about being a lightweight. I challenged him and loser got a stupid tattoo with the other's name on it."

Rebecca spit out her coffee, laughing and choking. She didn't care if she was choking, she was laughing too hard to notice. Luke scowled and groaned, hiding his red face from his own girlfriend.
"Let me see Babe, let me see!" Rebecca laughed.
"No. I want it covered up and hidden forever," Luke said.
"Please? Oh my God, I have to!"
"Rebecca stop, you're not making me feel any better."
"Fine. Come here."