11. A Raven's Call

Chapter Eleven

        A Raven's Call 

        "Okay, everyone. I know this is the last class of the day. To be honest, I want to get out of here too." Mrs. Blake said as she sat the papers down on her desk and began writing on the board with chalk. Shay stood in the doorway of her English class and looked down at her phone once she heard he small beep. The picture of Isaac sitting on Aiden's motorcycle popped up and Shay looked at the twins, a smirk curling onto her lips.

        She walked over to her seat, the one right next to Ethan, and sat down. The twins turned their heads towards her, blankly, but all Shay did was send them a big smile. She reached down and grabbed her bag, plopping it down on her desk causing the twin's attention. Shay pulled out a small wheel thing and spun it in with her fingers.

        "That looks kind of important." The blonde said innocently. Then she pulled out a few wires that was attached to another tiny wheel. Shailene let out a humorless laugh, "I have no idea what this thing is."

        Then from outside in the hall, the sound of a engine running was getting louder. Aiden, who was practically shaking in his desk, rushed out of the room.

        "Aiden!" Ethan yelled as Mrs. Blake watched Aiden run. Quickly, Shay put all of the motorcycle parts back into her bag and followed the class outside. All of them, Jennifer in the lead, walked down the hall to see where Aiden had gone off to. All the students swarmed around once they saw Aiden, in the middle of the hall, on his motorcycle. Shay stood next to Scott, Isaac, and Allison; all three of them holding in their laughter and wearing a smug smile.

        Jennifer pushed her way through the students and stood in front of Aiden, her face twisting in disgust, "Are you kidding me?" She asked with anger before scoffing, "You do realize this will result in a suspension."

        The twins looked at the four people, sending angry daggers there way but none of them could care less. They had got their revenge and it was bitterly sweet.

        Shay walked down the hall until she finally found the music room. It had been a long time since she had been in that room. Before her parent's death, she used to play the cello. Very good, actually. But after the death, she stopped. For some reason, Shay didn't find enjoyment anymore and things that mattered didn't anymore.

        When she walked into the music room, Shay was surprised that the teacher wasn't there. All of the students were in their seats. The first person she spotted was Danny.

        "Hey Shay." Danny smiled, "What's up?"

        "Oh nothing." She shrugged, "Just wanted to check up on everything."

        Danny titled his head and rose his brows at her, "Don't play that trick on me. I know you miss playing the cello and being in band."

        Danny was right, in many ways, Shay missed it. Playing the cello, making music, drifting away into the melody; being a normal teen doing something normal. Her mother taught her how to play and that seemed to be there thing to do together.

        Shailene didn't answer him but narrowed her eyes once she saw Lydia Martin in the back of the room, sitting in a chair with a notebook. Moving around Danny, Shay walked towards Lydia and stood behind her. She bent down and looked at the piece of paper that Lydia was drawing on. It was a tree with branches sticking upwards with no leafs.

        "Wow, that's really good."

        "I know."

        "You should in art class."