19. Breath of Life

Chapter Nineteen

        Breath of Life

Say Something // Christina Aguilera Ft. A Great Big World

"Are you going to explain to me what happened?" Lydia immediately asked once Shay got into the passeanger's seat of her car. After Shay made that worrying call to Lydia, she rushed over within seven minutes. Shay was able to calm herself and stop her crying. Obviously, she'll have to pick up her room once she gets back.

Shay shifted uncomfortably in her seat, "Can we go please?"

Lydia huffed in annoyance, something itching at her. The two sat silently as Lydia drove down the street towards Deaton's clinic. Half-way there, Lydia slammed her foot on the brakes, causing Shay to jolt up and almost hit her head on the headboard.

"Lydia, what the hell!" Shay exasperated, her eyes widening as she turned her head at Lydia.

The strawberry blonde didn't even look phased, "Tell me what happened at your house."

"I don't want to talk about it." She defended.

Lydia scoffed, "Shay, I am not letting you out of this car unless you tell right-" She didn't have time to finish because Shay was already out of the car and walking down the street alone. Guess Lydia forgot to lock her door along with Shay's.

"Shay, come back!" Lydia yelled from her window, driving up her car to Shay.

A moment passed before Shay glanced at Lydia through the window. A small debate went on in her head if she should get in or not. Deciding to push away her stubbornness for at least one night, Shay opened the car door and hoped back in. Once Shay was seated, Lydia locked the door from her side.

Shay flailed her arms to the side for a brief moment, looking at Lydia with irritation, "What now?"

"Tell me what happened." Lydia calmly demanded.

This time Shay was dead silent. She didn't want to explain it. She didn't want to explain that for some freakish reason, Shay had a hallucination of her getting attacked by Kali.

"I hallucinated that Kali attacked me." Shay said, "I don't understand why it happened or how it happened but I heard - or I thought I heard a noise from the living room. I go in and there is Kali. One thing lead to another and the moment where I thought she was going to kill me, she was gone. No wounds, no nothing."

Lydia stayed silent for a moment, taking in and processing what Shay had told her. Lydia, yes, had her fair share of hallucinations. It wasn't like Lydia was going to look at Shay like she was a crazy, insane person. She would never do that.

"Okay." Lydia nodded, "We'll go to Deaton's and we'll figure this whole thing out."

Must to Shay's surprise, Lydia started to car up once more and began driving without one word. Minutes later, the car pulled up the parking lot of Deaton's animal clinic. The two teenagers walked together to the front door. Shay gave a small knock on the door and watched as Deaton approached.

He opened the door and smiled, "Lydia, Shay, what a delightful surprise. Come in."

The two girls walked into the clinic as Deaton spoke again, "What can I do for you two?"

None of the girls spoke, sparking worry in Deaton, until Lydia looked at Shay from behind. The blonde girl looked up at Deaton, "Something happened and I need your help."

~ ~ ~

"I was about ready to leave to go to Derek's." Shay began to explain. Lydia and Deaton all listened from across the metal table that kept them two apart from Shay who sat on a stool. "I heard a noise from living room so I grabbed a knife in case it was someone breaking into the house. I walked in and saw a broken vase on the floor. I put the knife on one of the tables and then suddenly, Kali is standing feet away from me. I run into the kitchen with her following and she ends up scratching me with her claws."