27. Women in Black

Chapter Twenty-Seven

        Women in Black

        "We know about the lunar eclipse, So don't think Kali's gonna sit around waiting for it to level the playing field. She's coming, and my brother's coming with her." Ethan announced as him, Lydia and I all stood in front of the infamous Hale family.

        "Good enough for me. Derek?" Peter glanced at his nephew.

        "You want me to run?" Derek stubbornly questioned.

        "No. I want you to stay and get slaughtered by an alpha with a psychotic foot fetish." Peter responded sarcastically as he walked towards Derek, "Of course I want you to run. Sprint, gallop, leap your way the hell out of this town."

        "If you want to fight and die for something, that's fine with me, but do it for something meaningful." Cora stated while I nodded in agreement. Derek, as a beta, has no chance against Kali and Aiden. He'll get slaughtered.

        "How do you know I'm gonna lose?" Derek asked and once again, I rolled my eyes. Yes, he is a stubborn ass but now it not the time for it.

        "We don't but I bet she has an idea." Peter remarked before his eyes wandered over to Lydia. Everyone turned their attention to her, "Don't ya Lydia?"

        "I don't know anything." Lydia hastily said.

        Peter now stood in front of her, "But you feel something, don't you?"

        As Lydia's eyes flickered to the ground, Derek questioned her further, "What do you feel?"

        "I feel..." She paused, her voice weak, "like I'm standing in a grave-yard."

        And that did not clam any ones worries, escpially mine.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

        The alarm of Derek's loft blared loudly but Kali knocked it down, silencing it. She stood feet away, glaring at Lydia, me and Ethan, "Where is he?"

        Lydia faked being clueless, ": I think he said he was heading out to do some shopping, run a few errands, The usual...werewolf afternoon."

        Kali cocked her head to the side, her voice intimidating, "Who do you think your talking too?"

        I scoffed and crossed my arms, "A psychotic bitch desperate need of a pedicure. I'd be happy to give you a referral."

        My eyes wandered past Kali and saw Aiden and my aunt Jenna. She was trembling in fear as she stood a foot away from Aiden, her eyes filled with unshed tears. As far as I could see, she was unharmed. But once Aiden sensed the hatred flowing from Kali to Lydia, he stepped forward and growled.

        Kali blinked a few times and turned to face him, "Oh really? Did someone take their little assignment too seriously?" She questioned, circling around him.

        "She's not the problem." Aiden snapped back.

        Kali's attention then turned to Jenna. Roughly, Kali grabbed my aunt my the back of the neck and dragged her in the middle of the loft. Small whimpers were coming from Jenna including tears streaming down her face.

        "Where is he?" She roared, wrapping her hand around my aunt's throat, her claws fully out.

        A part of me, a large and big part of me, wanted to tell her where Derek was out. But even if I did, I had a feeling Kali would kill Jenna anyway.