06. Shattered Glass

Chapter Six

        Shattered Glass

        Once I ran out of Coach's class, heading my way was Sheriff Stilinski. When he saw me, his eyes showed concern.

        "Are you okay, Shay?" He asked as he walked closer to me, "You look a bit flustered."

        No, I was not. My best friend that I may or may not like almost had sex with another girl and I just shattered a water tank using my freaky telekinesis powers. But obviously I couldn't tell him that.

        "I, um, " I stuttered and gave him a weak smile, "I'm just a bit under the weather."

        Before he could even answer, I hurried away down the hall and to the girl's restroom. Luckily, it was empty. I stood in front of the sick and looked into the mirror. The more I thought about Heather and Stiles, the more sad and conflicted I feel. That's when tears started to brim out of my eyes. I scoffed at myself for being so emotional. I grabbed the hair tye and released my hair from its once side-braid to letting my hair flow down. I tucked the sides of my hair under my ears before crossing my arms and glaring at myself in the mirror.

        My eyes narrowed as the middle part of the glass started to crack. The crack grew bigger and went in all directions on the mirror until the glass shattered and fell into the sink. I stared at the glass with my eyes bulging out of my sockets. The immense shock and anxiety that fell over me became to much. My eye lids started to flutter and my limbs became weak. Finally, my eyes closed and I fell to the ground.

~ ~

        As hours past by, I finally woke up. My body was sprawled out on the cold floor. God, what th hell happened? I sat up, my back rough and sore, and looked towards the wall. That's when I saw the broken mirror and remembered what had happened. Stiles, Heather, the water tank, the mirror. Everything came rushing back to me.

        I sighed and pushed away the thought of Heather and Stiles together. I reached over to my bag, which was near the sink, and grabbed my phone. Once I turned it on, my eyes widened in shock. It was 10:00 p.m! I quickly rushed out of the bathroom and into the dark, empty hallway. The doors were probably locked but I've broken into this school more than enough times to know how to pick the locks. 

        When I walked outside of the main doors of the school, I checked my phone again. 

        7 missed calls from Isaac

        2 missed calls from Derek

        27 missed calls and 17 voice mails from Stiles.

        My brows rose, "Stiles really wants me to call me." I whispered to myself. One of the messages sent by yours truly said to meet them at Deaton's office. I hope everything's okay.

        "Where the hell were you?" Stiles said as he rushed over to me and developed me into a hug. He wrapped his arms around my lower back while I wrapped mine around his neck. I arrived a Deaton's literally a minute ago and once I entered the back room, all eyes were on me. And of course, Stiles was the first to say or do something.

        "I'm sorry, "I mumbled in the crook of his neck before pulling back, "I wasn't feeling well and the nurse sent me home."

        "Are you alright?" Stiles asked.

        I nodded, "Yeah I'm fine. What's going on here?"

        "We need to regain Isaac's memory to find out where Erica and Boyd are." Deaton answered.