Chapter 30: The Obsidian Mist

Start from the beginning

Taking her out of the dreadful and crowded atmosphere, he brought her outside and pulled her towards the building near the headquarters, the emerald house office.

Once he brought her inside where he knew no one could enter, he shut the door and with a confused Jennie, he pulled her towards him and embraced her.

Her eyes widened at the feeling and suddenly she realised what their situation was again.

The pain struck her heart all over again as her tears finally fell, and Jennie Kim, the ice princess of La Tremoille academy, Head Girl of the Emerald house cried in his arms.

She cried and dug her face in his chest as he stroked her back and her hair, calming her, even if that was all he could do for the moment.

Once her sobs started to calm and die down, he stepped back and placed her face in his palms, he looked straight at her in worry as he wiped her tears with his thumbs.

"I'll bring her back" he said to her with determination in his eyes. It was a promise, and deep down, they both knew that it was possible for him not to commit it.

Her wide tear-filled eyes looked at him, and her heart wavered in sorrow, just looking at him, just seeing him made her want to cry.

She looked down once again, her tears were falling again, and she could taste the saltiness of it as it hit her lips.

"Hey, hey, hey, look at me-" He said in soft gentle tones as he pushed her face up softly with his palms to look at her once more.

A gentle playful smile was back on his face, and after wiping her tears once again, he kissed her forehead while still renaming to hold her face.

And as he did so, she held the hands that held not only her face but her whole heart.

When her eyes looked at him again a little while ago, his statement of bringing Lisa back wasn't the only promise she wanted.

So as he brought his face lower so that their foreheads were touching and their noses were aligned and their breaths in hitched painfulness, remaining to have his beautiful hands on her delicate face, he whispered to her

"I'll come back. I'll come home to you"

And she nodded, and he knew that it was all that he needed from her. A simple nod.

___

The moment the two left, the rest of the group could only moan and groan in despair and frustration.

They didn't want to speak about the elephant in the room, but once the two came back with the heiress having puffy eyes and cheeks, they could only imagine what happened.

Their plan was simple. Infiltrate the first floor, don't disarm any alarms and then some will raid the floor of Oh Baeknim while others will grab Lisa and get out as soon as they can.

The girls will wait by the doors of their manor in order to take Lisa in once Jimin drives her out.

They'll have a medic team on standby just in case Lisa or any of the boys get injured in the process of it all.