Chapter 17.2: The Love we lost - II

She was...dying?

No that can't be. She was engaged. She was living life. She was happy. It was impossible.

Her being sick was not even a possibility.

No. She Couldn't have been, not when he has been trying his best to protect her his whole life. No.

Jimin looked at the girl sleeping the hospital bed, His Angel.

He didn't know what to say...what to react.... all he heard was that she was sick and was dying, and the rest of the world and the doctor's words had blurred out.

He'll hear the rest of it from her.

If this is really the fate of their lives, he realised that maybe, it was time to set things right.

He'd wait for her, he'd wait for her to say everything, and then, he'd say it all to her. He'd explain it to her what had happened. He'd explain to her why he did those things. He'd say it all.

He should. He owed it to her.

He was desperately holding onto her hand, she was still asleep, unconscious, and he was waiting for her to wake up any hour or so.

His head was pressed to his head and then he kissed it, waiting patiently for her. His hope so vivid in his eyes.

"I'm sorry..., I don't even know why I am doing this, you should be hearing this when you're conscious and this selfish part of me is saying it out in the open, maybe it's because even though I'm still hopelessly in love with you deep down, I know I should just let you go. You'd be happier that way anyway" he starts. Tears started filling his and a large lump was starting to get stuck on his throat.

"I don't even know, I just, I don't know how to tell you that everything I'm doing is for you, but hearing me say it out loud makes me realise how selfish I am to say those words and make it as if it's your obligation" he continues.

"I know I have no right, to have the right to see you, to look at you, to speak to you, to love you, to mess your whole life all over again. But just this once, I just want to stop this show we keep on trying to have. This show where we have roles and have to upholds our appearance, because just this once chaeyoung, I want to be selfish. Just this once, I want to be selfish for you" he pauses, silent tears fell continuously from his eyes.

"Seulgi- Seulgi...she isn't my fiancée....well I mean..she is... but I'm not gonna marry her. I have no plans on doing so, I just had to do it because-"

And then he felt it. When her fingers moved ever so slightly, and Rosie was finally concious. He immediately kissed her hand and ran outside to look for a doctor.

And the moment he rushed outside to call for a doctor, he realised that, he would tell her, no matter the risk, no matter the issues, no matter what happens, what was important was that he had to tell her because maybe, even if that one piece of information wouldn't change a big thing, he was hoping it was gonna change Rosie's mind even by a percent.

As the doctors started to rush into the room, Jimin ran right after them, only to find Rosie with open eyes, with Kim Junhoe's hands intertwined with hers.

Oh.

And before Rosie could notice, he slipped away and left the hospital as if he was never there.
_______

Rosie suddenly saw white when she opened her eyes. The last thing she remembered was talking to Jimin in that small dim lit room and then suddenly seeing black. And no all she saw was white.