Chapter 40: Dinner with past lovers

Her heart hadn't beaten this badly and madly in such long years. Could it be because of him?

Perhaps, but those were her high school and college days, she was now a grown up career woman with a happy family.

But then again, some things such as first love perhaps lasts longer than eternity.

The extravagantly elegant room at the penthouse floor of the hotel overlooked a dandalising view of the city.

The bright neon glazers of the cars during nightly rush hour had illuminated such light, contrasting to the uneven lights coming from the thousands of windows from the business buildings that had a plentiful amount from her view.

Truly a breathtaking view, but the person that was approaching her from behind thought otherwise. She seemed to have been more of the breathtaking view in his opinion.

"Chaeyoung" a voice calls out, turning her head back towards the sound, she found him looking right back at her.

He approached her, a translucent light illuminating his very presence, it was also possible it was the charming smile that sat atop his thick lips.

"Dr Park" she greets back, standing up as he approached the table. They sat simultaneously, with the male suddenly laughing.

"Dr Park? Jimin is fine" a teasing smile graced itself on his beautiful cheeks. He proceeded to call out for the waiter and order his dish.

She hadn't realise how long she had been staring at him when his voice had cut her from her thoughts.

"Sorry?" she asked, fully unaware of the question he had just asked.

"Did you want your steak medium rare with mashed potatoes, salad with baby tomatoes and red wine like you usually do?"

It was a genuine question, something so casual. Maybe that was the problem itself, him fully remembering her specific order, her likes and dislikes, it was too casual for him to know everything about her.

"I-" she tried to say a different answer, something along the lines of, "no, I prefer some cooked salmon with ranch dressing and pasta" but no, she couldn't even lie her way out of this one.

It would be too obvious of her to be petty if she changed her all time favourite meal.

A waiting look was in front of her, patiently looking for her answer.

"Yeah. That's ...it."

The waiter left with their orders, and just right after, he looked at her once more.

"You seem..out at a daze..., are you alright?" The concern lacing through every word he spoke made her sick to her stomach.

Or she would like to believe, for she knew it herself they were nothing but butterflies swarming furiously around.

"I was just busy, so I'm pretty out of it" her hands slowly digging through her hair.

"You overworked yourself again" he notices, and that was what irked her. How could he sit there, speak soft naturally sweet words and act as if there wasn't tension surrounding them.

"I wouldn't think about it that way, but surely it's something entirely different with operating for hours, Dr Par-" she stopped herself before she could continue the words.

The face he made, the slight contort of his expressions, it made her stop before correcting herself, "Jimin."

"It may be entirely different but it doesn't mean that just because you aren't operating on a patient for hours, you aren't tired"