Chapter 52: Wrathful Lovers

Chapter's Theme song: Decode by Paramore - Listen after or while reading the chapter

- Listen after or while reading the chapter

"How can I decide what's right?
When you're clouding up my mind
I can't win your losing fight
How did we get here
When I used to know you so well?"

There, in all his arrogant and handsome glory was Jeon Jeongguk.

And in his arms, wrapped around him with such close proximity was a tall and beautiful woman, one that Lisa could not help but recognise as the girl who had held hands with Jeon Jeongguk after their first dance class in La Tremoille, 8 years ago.

She could feel the bodies of her friends that were surrounding her suddenly tense at the sight.

However for her, she didn't understand why there was this uneasy feeling at the bottom of her stomach that was starting to make her squirm.

The liveliness that circled her eyes were slowly dissipating into nothingness as that spark suddenly slipped off.

And just as so, the progress of her memories had halted, the last part she could remember from this specific memory was Chaeyoung jumping up and down the bed and the door behind her violently opening.

All she knew was that there was one thing she was entirely sure of. She didn't like the image that was in front of her.

She didn't know what of it that she hated. Was it the proximity between the two bodies that seemed to act as if they share a romantic connection or was it because it was Jeongguk that was doing it or was it the fact that it wasn't her beside Jeongguk?

God no, who was she to even think of such thoughts?

She was probably displacing her initial romantic feelings for Vantae to the next male that had showed her an ounce of care.

That was pathetic. And pathetic Lisa Manoban was not.

On the contrary, she was the total opposite of it, so why was she so bothered with Jeongguk and his lover.

Was it because of the fact that the heir hadn't acted as if he had a lower in the weeks that he accompanied her and made her laugh?

She shifted her attention back into reality where she saw a glimpse of Vantae's frown before it went away at the sight of Jennie.

Lisa gave a soft yet sad smile. Looking at Vantae and Jennie. Maybe she wasn't in love with Taehyung, no, the conclusion she was getting at that moment was that, she was in love with the idea of a man like him who doted on his beloved.