Chapter 23: Diamonds and Dates

Activity Week and the infamous La Tremoille Activity ball was in a few days and Obsidian House's Head Boy Park Jimin could not calm down.

On a normal basis, he would've loved participating in the activities, it just didn't help that his ex was his co-head for their house.

There were no hard feelings between them. To correct that, there was everything but hard feelings.

He was sure he had already moved on. Or so he had thought. When he had given her the letter saying how it was a privilege to love her, and her response being to let her go, he couldn't help but not to. Especially since that's what she wanted.

So he did.

He acted normal around her. Just as friends. They would talk, coordinate with duties, and yes indeed, he'd watch her in every party, go into his arms, be in his embrace, listen to his jokes, kiss his cheeks.

But that 'he' was not him but her beloved boyfriend, Kim Junhoe.

The engagement was said to still remain but they clarified to everyone that she and Junhoe would take it slow and date and then after college they'd be engaged and the wedding period would be undecided. But it was there.

What irked him was that, he knew that Junhoe was a good match for her.

He'd see the way she smiled at her new love, he'd see the way she laughed, he'd see the way she glowed whenever Junhoe was around so he knew, he knew he did the right thing by letting her go.

Even if it meant that he had let go a big part of his heart, soul and self.

But in all honesty, Park Jimin believed he was already well, he already felt like it, and he was in good terms with Seulgi. Despite their initial plan of breaking the engagement, they realised that, they were more compatible than they thought.

But, compatible as friends. So they agreed to stay in the engagement just to get out of situations for the rest of their college years.

Since the events of the past year, he and Seulgi have become close friends who use each other as dates to parties. It was fun having a partner that you didn't have to have romantic feelings for and yet have fun with.

La Tremoille's Ball was coming up and he didn't know if he wanted Seulgi to come with him or if he should go alone since the day of the ball was Seulgi's mother's birthday and he knew that was important.

He decided it was better to go alone and to dance with his other female schoolmates since there were piles of proposals on his desk.

Roseanne had actually teased him about it in their shared head office.

Speaking of her, regarding her Leukaemia results, what Taehyung had found out and how it was a fabricated check up and diagnosis along with the pills that were making her sick were examined.

Still up to this day, none of them have any idea as to who did it but just because they couldn't find who did it doesn't mean they should stop looking.

Chaeyoung had told him to stop looking for the people who did but, despite her warnings, he continued looking. What he found was quite odd since it was relating to one of his friends so he had asked a private investigator to dig deeper.

Chaeyoung and he had a hostile yet friendly relationship. It was fragile and even though they had both "moved on" there were still unspoken words and feelings that made them keep a distance neither of them was willing to close in.