Emergency - Taehyung X BTS

Start from the beginning

That's when a high-pitched scream from far away caught their attention, a few stranger's heads turning, only to see arms flailing above the water quite a distance away, drifting off towards the place where only surfers were allowed.
"Shit-" Jungkook breathed out, immediately pushing past the others and jumping into the water. He was the strongest swimmer out of all of them, had lifeguard training from a past job when he was younger, and he knew that they couldn't wait for one of the beach lifeguards to notice the boy who was starting to dip under the water. He only had seconds.

When he reached Taehyung the older boy was almost fully submerged, and was unresponsive as Jungkook hooked his hands under Taehyung's arms and began to swim back as quickly as he possibly could. Strangers moved out of the way when Jungkook began to drag the boy back, lifeguards meeting him halfway and helping him to get Taehyung out of the water and drag him onto the sand. But panic quickly ensued when they realised that not only was Taehyung unconscious, they overhead a lifeguard say that he was barely breathing.

"Oh my God-" Jimin stammered as he pressed a hand over his mouth, tears coming to his eyes as the lifeguards began to attempt to resuscitate the little, performing rescue breaths immediately. Jimin hid his face in Jungkook's shoulder because he simply couldn't watch, the maknae completely rigid with horror considering it had all happened so quickly.

"He's gonna be okay, right?? Please tell me he's gonna be okay." Hoseok spoke frantically to one of the two lifeguards that were with them, the older man turning to him and placing his hands on Hoseok's shoulders.
"He's breathing, but it's faint. I'll be honest with you, the quicker we can get him an ambulance the better." He spoke, and Hoseok took a shuddered breath as he nodded, pressing a fist to his mouth.

Jin had run up the beach in a panic to notify Namjoon and Yoongi of what had happened, the leader now trying to calm the oldest who was incredibly anxious and guilty, feeling as if it was his fault for not keeping his eye on Taehyung the whole time. When the paramedics finally arrived, they quickly monitored the unconscious boy and found his condition to be stable, but they had to get him to hospital quickly out of the concern that the potential water in his lungs could cause pneumonia, and that would likely cause him to quickly deteriorate.

"Who's coming in the ambulance with us?" One paramedic asked, Yoongi stepping forwards and saying that he'd go considering the others were a little all over the place, making the exception of Jungkook and Namjoon who were focused on getting the others to stay calm.
"We can't just stand around. Jungkook, Jin, grab a towel to dry yourselves with, we're going to the car." Namjoon spoke up clearly, the five of them hurrying to gather their stuff so that they could follow the ambulance to the hospital and meet Taehyung and Yoongi there.

Yoongi sat down in the ambulance as he'd been instructed to, looking at Taehyung with worry. The brunette had his eyes shut with an almost peaceful look on his face, but his breathing was short and laboured, and he had an oxygen mask over his mouth and nose. It just felt so surreal to Yoongi as he gently reached over and carded a hand through Taehyung's saturated hair, his worry for him growing by every passing minute.

"He'll be okay." A female paramedic said to Yoongi with a gentle smile as she checked Taehyung's vitals, checking Taehyung's heart rate, blood pressure, and breathing rate as the ambulance began on its way to the hospital. When he showed signs that he was about to wake up, Yoongi grasped the paramedic's attention, the lady turning to him attentively.

He took a moment to explain the whole 'little situation', and he was pleasantly surprised to hear that the paramedic had encountered littles before, and not only that but she was really understanding about it. So when Taehyung woke up and began to whimper at the unfamiliar situation, Yoongi only had to worry about one thing, and that was their little boy.