Nightmares - Namkook (part 2)

Pulling his reading glasses down from his head and to his nose, he sat there in a peaceful silence as Jungkook slept, getting lost in his book and allowing an hour to pass with him barely noticing it. However, it was only a matter of time until his focus was ripped from the book and to the boy in the bed when Jungkook started to whimper and squirm in his sleep, crying out and jolting upright into a sitting position only seconds later.

"D-dada!" He almost screamed as he started to sob, not realising that Namjoon was right next to him until the caregiver had sat on the bed beside him and wrapped his arms around the younger boy, having prepared for this.
"Shh, Dada's right here, little one. It was just a dream, you're safe with me, Koo." Namjoon was quick to soothe him, pressing his lips into Jungkook's hair when the little choked on a sob and hid his face in his caregiver's chest, gripping desperately onto Namjoon's clothing.

"Breathe, baby. I've got you." The leader whispered, rocking Jungkook in his arms as the little just cried quietly, whining when he felt Namjoon move out of the fear that he was gonna leave him. Namjoon noticed this and shook his head with a reassuring smile in the little's direction, bringing his large, gentle hands to Jungkook's face and gently collecting the stubborn tears from his cheeks.

"I'm not going anywhere, don't panic, angel. Want Dada to lie with you? Not that you're gonna let me go either way." Namjoon chuckled softly, hearing the younger boy sniff as he nodded against his chest and allowed his boyfriend to pull him down to lie with him, face immediately going back to Namjoon's chest as he whimpered.
"S-scawy, d-dada..." the little mumbled through a whine while he trembled ever so slightly, Namjoon hushing him again as he rubbed the little's back softly, wanting to distract him from whatever nightmare he had experienced.

"I know, darling, I know." The caregiver hummed sympathetically as he held the little tighter, cooing at how small Jungkook looked when he was curled up against the older's chest.
"What was it this time, bubba? Can you tell me?" Namjoon whispered softly, and Jungkook nodded shakily as he snuggled further into Namjoon, if that was even possible.
"B-big monstew take T-Taetae an Minmin 'way.... a-an iss Kookie fawt! Dada i-iss aww Kookie fawt I sowwy... I s-so s-sowwy..." the little sobbed, tears rolling down his irritated cheeks once more as he clung onto Namjoon and cried just like a baby would, his boyfriend's eyes widening in alarm as he pulled Jungkook to lie on top of him and gently stroked his hair.

"Baby, baby shh. It's okay, Koo, nothing's your fault. Taetae and Minnie are okay. God, It must have been so scary, you're shaking, poor thing." Namjoon sighed sadly with a frown, rubbing the little's back as Jungkook tried hard to get his tears under control, but was too small to understand what was happening.
"M-minmin an T-Taetae aww o-otay?" He stammered out as he sat up and rubbed his eyes, Namjoon gently holding the boy's waist as he leant down to Jungkook's eye level and nodded.

"Of course they are, bunny. Wanna go and see them? Will that help you calm down?" Namjoon asked softly, Jungkook pouting and nodding as he clung onto Namjoon and allowed the older to pick him up and carry him out of their room, and Namjoon just smiled softly and kissed his temple as they made their way up to Yoongi's room.

Taehyung had slipped out of his littlespace and was playing with a happy little Jimin in their room when Yoongi heard a knock on the door, brows furrowing in confusion as he wondered who it could be. He knew that Hobi and Seokjin weren't gonna be back for another hour yet, and Namjoon was looking after Jungkook who should be sleeping, so unless it was an angry manager, he wasn't sure who to expect when he opened the door.

"Oh, Namjoon. What're you doing here?" Yoongi asked, but didn't speak further when he saw how Jungkook was shakily clinging to his caregiver with his face pressed into the crook of Namjoon's neck.
"Another one?" He asked quietly, Namjoon sighing and nodding as he bounced Jungkook in his arms.
"He won't rest until he sees that Tae and Jimin are okay. Can he play with them for a bit, please hyung?" Namjoon asked, and Yoongi smiled softly and nodded, standing back to let the two in.

"Of course. Tae's big right now and he's looking after Jimin, but you know him, he'll be more than happy to entertain Kookie and try to cheer him up. They're just in there." Yoongi said and pointed to his littles' room, and Namjoon smiled gratefully at the older as he popped a dummy in Jungkook's mouth and headed into the room. When the door opened, Taehyung and Jimin turned their heads from where they were sat on their bed, smiling when they saw Namjoon come in with Jungkook in his arms.

"Hey hyung! Everything okay?" Taehyung chirped, Jungkook hearing his voice and whipping his head around to look at the other two maknaes, a whimper of relief passing his lips when he saw both boys sitting there, smiling.
"Heya. Koo's a little sad and he wanted to see you guys, if that's okay." Namjoon replied as he gently placed Jungkook onto the bed in front of him, Taehyung and Jimin being taken utterly by surprise when Jungkook lunged at them and hugged them both very tightly.

"O-oh Kookie... yeah of course." Taehyung said with a soft smile, Jimin whining and cupping Jungkook's face in his hands when he saw that his little friend was upset.
"Kookie no be sad! Come hewe." Jimin spoke with a pout, engulfing the maknae in a hug and feeling the younger little cling to him. Namjoon smiled sadly at the scene, before leaving the three be and going to talk to Yoongi to pass the time.

"What's wrong, bud? You had another nightmare?" Taehyung asked as he gently petted the youngest little's head, Jungkook nodding and sitting up with a pout, seeing Jimin frown in worry while Taehyung cooed at him.
"Wan pway wib ow stuffies?" Jimin offered, Jungkook sniffling as he perked up a little at the suggestion and nodded again.
"Y-Yes pease hyungie." He spoke quietly, seeing Taehyung break out into a boxy smile as he handed one of his own stuffed toys to Jungkook and immediately allowed himself to slip back into his own headspace.

"Dis is mistew snuggews! He wiw protecc chu." Taehyung giggled as Jungkook took the stuffed teddy bear, and he also giggled quietly behind his dummy, the three squealing and laughing happily as they played energetically together to cheer Jungkook up, and it was clearly working.
Namjoon heard the happy sounds coming from the littles' room and smiled with relief, Yoongi noticing this and putting a hand on his shoulder.
"He'll be okay, Joon. It hopefully won't last long." Yoongi spoke, and Namjoon sighed and shrugged a little.

"Yeah, I know. It just hurts to see him cry like that, or to see him so exhausted because he refuses to sleep." The leader mumbled, and Yoongi simply nodded in understanding.
"I know, but you're doing all you can to help, and that's great." Yoongi said with a reassuring smile, and Namjoon returned it.
"Thanks hyung."

Five minutes later and both caregivers went to go and check on the littles since the dorm had become rather quiet, but when they opened the door to their room, their hearts swelled at the sight that they were met with. All three littles were fast asleep on the double bed, Jungkook in between the older two who were hugging him from both sides, random stuffed toys thrown here and there.

"Oh my God, Yoongi look." Namjoon gasped fondly, Yoongi chuckling and snapping a picture of the three maknaes.
"They seem pretty comfy, let's leave them be and we can sit with a cup of tea." Yoongi offered, and Namjoon smiled and nodded at the idea.
"Tea sounds like a great plan."