Chapter Twenty: The Game of Life

EnderOni, Loop One:

Chapter Twenty:

The Game of Life

-...-

The Oni had struck Seto, and Seto fell to the floor. He laid there, unmoving. Bodil ran forward, but skidded to a stop when Seto slowly stood back up. He was shivering, as Tyler and Ian could tell from down the hall. The Oni watched him move, and found it odd when Seto turned to face Tyler, Bodil, and Ian. Tyler and Ian started walking towards Seto, and Seto's hands glowed a light blue. He was softly chanting words. A spell.

"Seto! What are you doing!?" Tyler shouted.

Seto stopped chanting words, a light blue circle forming around him. And then he made eye contact with the three.

"Bye, guys."

The circle shot up, and with it, Seto disappeared. He had teleported out of the hallway, to some other place in the mansion. He ditched them.

"NO! YOU FUCK FACE!" Tyler yelled. "He fucking left us!"

"W-We have bigger problems, Tyler!" Ian stuttered, pointing at the Oni.

Tyler turned to look at the Oni, seeing it's gaze at Bodil. Tyler swiftly picked up his book from the floor and sprinted towards Bodil.

"BODIL!" He screamed.

There was too much of a distance between them, however, and the Oni jumped between the two, stopping Tyler and nearly hitting him. The Oni growled, and grabbed Bodil, who screamed, and started to panic by kicking. Ian couldn't bring himself to do anything, but Tyler tried to attack the Oni. The Oni ignored Tyler's weak attempts, and suddenly ran off, towards room 209.

"BODIL!"

Tyler and Ian ran after the Oni, but the door to the room closed with a force, and locked. The two grabbed at the handle, but nothing happened. They heard screams of agony from the other side of the room, and Ian felt tears fall from his face. He beat on the door, yelling for Bodil. After a minute of nothing but screaming, it went silent. And then the door clicked, and opened.

The two rushed it to find the room empty of any Oni. But there was a body, and blood, and a number. On the couch in the room laid Bodil, his right arm hanging over the side. His face stared at the ceiling, with no sign of life. His blood soaked the couch and some of the floor around it. On the wall behind the couch was the number 10.

10 O'clock.

The two stood there, staring at the scene, and then Tyler shook his head.

"We've got to get out of here." Tyler gulped, and turned to leave the room.

"W-Wait for me!" Ian shivered, following Tyler.

"We need to find Seto. He's still here." Tyler frowned, closing the door to room 209 behind them.

"H-How do you know?" Ian asked.

"Because if he could simple teleport out of the mansion, he'd have done that the moment he realized something was wrong!" Tyler spat back. "He would have gotten help and none of us would be dead, Ian!"

Ian dipped his head, feeling bad, but continued to follow Tyler. Tyler was walking faster then he could, so Ian grabbed onto the end of his red and gray shirt. Tyler did nothing but ignore it. Ian glanced around, and twitched when he heard the familiar sound of an Endermen. The Oni.

Ian stopped dead and turned around to see the Oni down the hall, walking towards them. Ian's heart jumped, and he turned back to Tyler, suddenly pushing Tyler.