Chapter Twenty Five: The Red Chair

EnderOni, Loop 2

Chapter Twenty Five:

The Red Chair

-...-

The two groups finished their investigations and headed back to the safe room. Group One made it back first. Group one consisted of Tyler, Sky, Mitch, Jerome, Ty, and Sub. They were sent to look around the first floor, and ended up looking around the basement as well. They were unable to find anything else and headed to the second floor. The second floor was cleared and they headed to the safe room knowing that the second group had control of the upper levels of the mansion. Group Two consisted of Bashur, Ian, Ant, Brice, Seto, and Jason. It took longer for them to return to the Safe room, unexpectedly finding two more levels to the mansion.

"So. Anybody find anything from your group?" Ant asked Sky as the second group settled back down in the safe room.

"Sub was about to find a key to the basement in the kitchen on the first floor. We searched out the basement and didn't find very much." Sky reported. "It looked almost like an old lab or jail. The series of rooms and hallways lead me and Tyler to a small room with a jail cell."

"A jail cell?" Bashur shivered.

"It didn't seem like much, but I can't help but wonder why a jail cell was put in the basement." Skysighed.

"But then the Oni attacked me and Sky, and locked the door before Sub and the others could save us. But I had a key to the jail cell and locked me and Sky inside until the others could bust in and save us." Tyler said.

"The Oni disappeared and we left to finish exploring the basement." Sky added.

"Where me, Mitch, Sub, and Ty found an old wooden door. I was able to smell a distant scent of the outside, but nobody could break down the door. There wasn't anything able to break it either. Its something we'll need to find a key for."Jerome reported.

"Interesting." Ant leaned back against the wall. "You said it was an old wooden door. Its odd you wouldn't be able to kick it down."

"Believe me, I tried." Mitch crossed his arms.

"Must be protected with Magic, like the front door. If it's anything like that, I won't be able to do anything without the enchantment table right in front of it." Seto thought aloud. "It's a shame those things aren't portable. But then again the person trapping us here wouldn't invite a sorcerer into his game and give him an advantage."

Tyler tried to imagine Onity giving any advantage to Seto at all. Onity has already made it impossible for the guy to teleport out of the mansion. Seto can only teleport from room to room. And without the enchantment table around, Seto can't use any big powerful attack spells. If Seto were in the enchantment room, Onity would probably be smart and avoid a fight in there with him at all costs. But Tyler also was given access to the magical abilities inside the journal, and combined with Seto's skills meant a very powerful team. Did Onity plan that? And if so, why?