Chapter Four: Blind

EnderOni Loop One

Chapter four:

Blind

-...-

The three walked inside the mansion, the door closing behind them. Locking behind them. The last of the 13 had arrived.

"So. Which way do we go?" Jason asked, looking down the three hallways.

"We could split up?" Brice shrugged his shoulders.

"Nah. Horror maps are not my thing. I'd prefer not to be left alone." Seto sighed.

"So we'll just walk down together then." Jason said, slightly flouting due to the jet packs on his back. They gave off the distant sound of a fan. It calmed Jason.

The three turned to the right hallway. Brice was the lead, followed by Jason, then Seto. They went up to the Enchantment room door. Brice smiled and turned to Seto.

"They have an enchantment room. Chances are there is an enchantment table." He said.

"Really?" Seto said, amused.

"The door isn't locked. Let's take a look then." Jason said, and the door was pushed open.

Walking in, Brice turned on the lights. From the view at the door, it all looked fine. But, as the three walked farther into the room, it looked like a mess. Book shelves broken and on the floor, books and papers everywhere, and dried blood. Dried blood on the floor, on the shelves, on the walls.

"Really worked on the detail of this horror map, huh?" Jason commented. "Looks like there was actually a murder here or something."

Seto sniffed the air. You could still smell the blood.

"That's true." Seto said.

They looked around, Seto finding the glowing enchantment table in the back of the room. Jason found the tops of the bookshelves to be dusty and full of dead bugs. Brice looked at the books on the floor, picking up the ones that were not covered in blood. Jason saw a reflection in the corner of his eye and blinked. He focused his vision, squinting and getting closer to the thing. It was laying on top of a book shelf in the back, against the wall.

"It's a key." Jason smirked, grabbing it. "A key to the Basement."

"Glade you're here. We would have never found it up there." Brice said.

"Before we leave this room." Seto spoke up. "I want to play around with the enchantment table. I havn't done so in weeks."

"We arn't really in any hurry." Brice said.

Jason sat on top of one of the bookshelves. "We'll watch, if you don't mind."

Seto smiled and looked back at the purple glow of the enchantment table. He rose his hands, feeling power and energy within them. It made him feel happy. With the muttering of one or two words, he moved his arms like a dancer, from one side of his vision to the next, slowly. Then, with the flick on the wrist, the glow turned to a bright pink and sparks, like tiny fire works, went off. After a few seconds, it all went back to normal.

"That was pretty." Brice said.

"It was a simple spell that changed the chemicals and atoms that were making the glow. It's a spell that doesn't last for long, obviously." Seto explained.

"Well, could you do something else?" Jason tilted his head.

"Sure."

Seto did the save movement, only muttered more words and made his movement more dramatic. It was an art that took him years to learn, and he was proud of what he could do. Suddenly moving his hands towards the ceiling, a glow that was the color of the rainbow filled the room, making it brighter then any torch could. It stayed there for a few moments, the three looking up at it with awe. Then the glow faded, but again like fireworks, small sparks slowly fell to the ground, disappearing. It lasted 10 times longer then the last spell, and was 10 times more beautiful.