TIDE | 07

C H A P T E R   S E V E Ndrunken nights

drunken nights

pearl:
to drive the nose of the board into the water to slow down.

"Jessa please, we have to hurry up! Miranda is going to be here in a couple of minutes." I say as she was currently wrapping my golden blonde locks against the hot curling iron.

"Ainsley, I'm sure Miranda won't mind if were a couple of minutes late. It's your birthday after all and I want to make you look stunning." She says releasing the curl before applying a spritz of hair spray. "Okay all done!" She says spinning me around to face the mirror.

My long blonde hair hung over my shoulders, cascading down the side of my body. My tight black cocktail dress hugged all my curves perfectly, showing off my hourglass figure. My makeup, which Jessa did highlighted all of my facial features especially my bright blue eyes, which popped against the gold and brown eye shadow.

Jessa, on the other hand, was wearing a tight long sleeve white dress, her shoulder length blonde hair was straightened and framed her face. Her bright green eyes are almost electric due to the black background of eyeshadows.

The car horn echoes through the house as we scramble for our purses and shoes. Once downstairs I grab my red lipstick and apply it in front of the mirror in the front hallway. Just then another loud honk from outside rings through the house as place the lipstick tube back in my purse.

Jessa opens the door as the cool breeze blows against my body making me shiver as I close the door behind us. Miranda's white Honda Civic is siting in the driveway. Inside an impatient Miranda is typing furiously on her illuminated phone screen.

"Finally what took you guys so long? I was about to leave without you" Miranda's says placing the gear in drive before speeding down the street. "So I was thinking about heading to the tiki hut, what do you guys think?"

The tiki hut was another name for a party house which often hosted parties every weekend. High schoolers from all around the area would flock over to this house to engage in underage drinking and other activities which I avoided taking part in.

"Sounds good with me." I say as Miranda's quickly makes a right hand turn. "I can't even remember the last time I went out to a house party, let alone the last time I got drunk."

"Ains, you were drunk just last weekend at the beach party. Clearly you drank too much you couldn't even remember that." Miranda points out.

My two friends and I burst into laughter at that comment and that's how the rest of the ride went. We'd laugh at the randomness of things and would sing to our favourite songs at the tops of our lungs.