Chapter 7: Uncovered

As the Dutch's team walked down the hallway and noticed the marks of a battle. Dutch was for certain, they were fighting eachother, but why?
Dutch floated and shined his light at a door way at the end of the hall. He radioed Revin and Vill, "There is a doorway at the end here, it looks like there's a red light coming from it. Ready weapons!" He barked.
Dutch slowly approached the door way and peaked the corner as he turned his lights off. There 1 fully pristine defence bot, all though its functionality wasn't certain.
Dutch signaled the 2, "Ok, we are gonna rush that shiny tin can! If it's not fully functional, I'll dismantle it! Revin flank up and Vill, flank down! I'll jolt straight at it!" He barked again
Vill spoke up, "Sir, thats reckless!" He protested.
Revin laughed, "Speak up princess! Do you have a better plan?" He sneered.
Vill gave Revin a cold and dead stare, "shock or emp grenade?"
Dutch shook his head, "None. We didn't think they were needed!" Dutch explained.
The 3 knodded heads and bolted in, they carried out their plan but the bot was unresponsive. Dutch laughed, Well! It looks like I'm smashing some tin!" He said as his arms turned red and he began ripping the defense bot apart.
Starting with it's 2 shoulder mounted turrets, Dutch's implants and augmentations made it easy, he than tore the arms off and finally smashed in the head torso.
Revin began bypassing the doors manual open. He used a small tool kit to remove the plating and loosen the restraints.
Vill kept watch as Dutch calmed down, Revin was about to hit the switch but had signaled for a breach preparation.
Dutch and Vill stacked on the door and rushed into the room as Revin opened it, you could hear him grunting. The door's manual open was a pressure switch.
Vill and Dutch entered and watched their sides, noticing only 3 sections of server, 2 consoles, and power box on the wall.
Dutch looked around, "Revin, what can you do with these? Is there anything you can do shit with?"
Revin sighed and shrugged, "I gotta take a look first Captain!"
Vill began to walk around the room, Dutch began walking his way, as he approached him. Vill looked a bit upset, his helmet visor had its lights on.
Dutch did a small wave, "Hey! We need to talk about earlier. You and Vazquez, It's well known by us Star Corps vets, that you 2 don't get along but you're never at eachothers throats! What's going on?"
Vill sighed and looked Dutch in the eye's, "I took something to far, said some shit that I don't know if Vazquez will forgive me about."
Dutch holstered his weapon and crossed his arms, "What was it? A bet? A game? A argument taken too far?"
Vill knodded his head, "last one, we were arguing about a bet, who would lose more recruits on their first missions. Well, it's normal BS everyone does but he refused to talk about it and I called him a 'sensitive bitch'. Not the first time, but what I wasn't expecting to hear... Vazquez's brother actually joined the flamers. It has been bothering him, since... well... you know?"
Dutch face palmed his helmet, "Since the flamers have the highest mortality rate out of all divisions? Have you tried apologizing?"
Vill was shocked, "Um, excuse me! It was nothing out of our norml! He should of known! Plus he should of realized I didn't know! Its com-"
"I don't give 2 flying fucks! As your Captain, I demand you apologize to Vazquez! If not, you will be floating back to fleet ship, if you think I'm bluffing for one FUCKING minute! I'll toss your ass out now! AM I FUCKING CLEAR!?" Dutch interruptedly said.
Vill looked down, "Y-yes sir!"
Revin shined a light at them, "Fuckin comms are being jammed, I can't contact you unless you're near! So we don't need power, if I hook up my TIC, I should be able to extract data still!"
Dutch shrugged, "Well I'll try to reach Vetra than. *going on coms* Lieutenant! Do you copy? We got into the Data room! Door is open! We have found, we dont need the the power on! We won't need full power after all! Revin is downloading files via TIC, we are now waiting!"
Revin had his left arm up and interacting with his TIC. He seemed a bit mad, he spoke up "Well shit, if we had power. This would be faster! Apparently power was cut somewhere! It will be a few minutes though!"
Dutch looked around but they all jumped when the power suddenly jolted on. The power box from before, glowed red.
"Huh, weird... Well the downloads just got faster! Another 20 seconds and they're done!" Revin said excitedly.
What the group hadnt realized was, the 2nd console was showing reboots in progress.

Data back up 3%
Power connection 7%
Emergency life support 34%
Compression and gravity 52%
Outer defenss weapons 2%
Inner defense bots 79%
----------------------------------------------------

"Done! Lets go!" Shouted Revin. The 3 began to float out the door, only to find burst of laser shots coming from the hallway, that they originally came through.
Tale burst through the door, one arm fending off a bot as he uses his other to fill it with heated lasers. The bot was trying to bust his helmet. Vill began to shoot the bot too, Vazquez and Vetra burst through the door while returning fire.
3 bots down the hall, using their mounted turrets to shoot.
"The fuckin A.I. is awake and pissed! We found out that the bots received orders to kill the crew!" Shouted Vazquez on the comm.
The all piled up on the door and began shooting. They ended up shooting the bots to pieces until the eyes stopping glowing.
"Everyone group up! We gotta get back to the ship! We got roughly 20 minutes!" Shouted Dutch.

Meanwhile, 8 systems away....

"Sir! A station in the unnamed system sent a distress signal out!" Said the cadet. An officer had approached him, "what section of Helios?" The officer asked.
He tapped the computer and looked at the map, "Um... The Zelja Sector!" The cadet replied.
The officers face was filled with shock, "Captain! Get me in contact with the Taunis Board of Directors!! We have an emergency crisis!" The officer shouted.
The Captain of the Battle Cruiser immediately ran to a console and began requesting a connection
The Officer walked up to the console and was handed a ear piece.
"Board member Felco, the we got a distress signal from an A.I. in thr Zelja sectir. The C.F.M. found a connected station.... yes, understood!"
The officer put the piece down and looked at the Captain.
"All hands on deck, prepare for battle! The C.F.M. cannot uncover whats on it! All crew! Prepare for battle!" The officer shouted over the comm.

The 23rd Taunis fleet was preparing to warp.....