Chapter 6: The Finding

Dutch and Vetra were coming back after a few hours of R&R with a group of other close Frontier soldiers. Suvi and Vetra were a bit drunk, arms around each and mumbling some song. As the group was chattering and laughing, Dutch began to sway Suvi back to the Star Corps quarters .
"Come on, you need to lie down for a bit!" Dutch told Suvi.
Suvi swung her arms around Dutch laughing, "Oh? Why don't we go somewhere more... private?"
Dutch sighed, "You're drunk Suvi, come on. You'll need tk sober up before the briefing."
She groaned, "But I wanna have more fun! We don't get to do this often!"
Her silky black hair was kind of a mess and in his face.
"Suvi, be more professional with your colleague!" Dutch exclaimed.
As they approached the Star Corps quaters, Nubasik was standing by the door. Clearly waiting.
Suvi let off another giggle while clinging to Dutch even more.
Nubasik looked at them, with his helmet on, Dutch couldn't make tails of his expression.
"Having... fun?" Nubasik asked.
Dutch sighed, "Help me get her settled, then we can discuss whatever you need?"
He knodded, "You can deal with her, I'll wait here."
Ditch sighed again, he ended up bursting into the Star Corps quaters with the drunk Suvi, who was giggling like crazy and latched to Dutch. Who felt a bit embarrassed.
All the new recruits were laughing and staring. Luckily the regiments head commanders had a private quaters within the main quaters.
He had to kinda carry Suvi through the quaters, snickers and chatter began. As they closed in on their private quaters, Dutch came across Private 3rd class Vazquez Filno and Staff Sergeant Revin Saud.
Vazquez laughed, "Again man? Damn, she can't handle booze? Ha! Don't be to long, Captain..." he said with a smirk.
Revin also laughed, "Jeez, you 2 are already off to have fun? You just got back!" He teased.
They were just having a fun time and throwing jokes at him, Dutch just wish they didn't do it in front of the recruits.
As he bursted into the private quaters, he shut the door immediately. He looked into the open room with a small seating area in the center and s kitchen in the far back, 2 sets of bunks on each side of the room with lockers next to them, and living area near the door. It has been only Suvi and Dutch in this room for almost 2 years. Dutch and Suvi lay in the bunks on the right side of the room, her on bottom bunk and him on top. Well these were habital pods but still bunks.
He had manage to her to the bunk and lay her down. She was half asleep and drunk. He put her blanket over her and he headed for the door... until he heard Suvi crying.

"Dutch... can you... sit with me?" She said sniffling. Whenever Suvi gets drunk, she starts out all happy and all, but it ends with her being emotionally, but this wasn't really due alcohol in her system. They were memories, memories that she held onto. Of the things and people she lost, everytime she has to much to drink or randomly as she sleep. These memories pop out or the rise up mainly in her sleep.
Memories of her family and home world, Tsunaliv.
She lost her home, family, and was made a slave. She has nightmares of it in her sleep.

As Ditch as beside Suvi, he held her hand till she passed out, he gently slipped his hand away and quietly went to the door. Vazquez was waiting for him outside, "Hey man, did you all seriously go out in your combat armor and you layed her down in it?" He asked.
Dutch had forgot, him and Suvi never changed before leaving, "Crap! No wonder we were getting weird looks!" He said embarrassed.
Vazquez laughed at him as he walked away, Sergeant Revin was beside Dutch, unnoticed.
"So, some of these new recruits are ex scum? Why is that? Why is the C.F.M. taking these shits in?!" Revin said angrily.
"Well, some of them were in prison and were given an ultimatum. Join us or be executed. Fair right? Just like Taunis! The higher ups really swooped low on this one." Dutch said.
Revin grinned, "Some of them aren't really bad guys nor really hateful people. A few on the other hand, should be airlocked!" Revin stated.

Dutch shook his head and went to meet with Nubasik. He walked out the door to find the tall 4 armed brute.
"So my father has requested me home, due to some house matters!" Explained Nubasik.
Dutch shook his head, "And you need my approval, your 6th Fleet division command... Just fill out the paperwork bud!"
Just than, the A.I. on comms came on. "Captain Tvankiv and Lieutenant Bulov, report to the bridge immediately!!"
Dutch forgot that the doctor and Technician reported the incident, the Admiral isn't gonna be happy. Vetra was also still basicly drunk! Dutch hastily walked to the bridge, he knodded Nubasik.