Chapter 5

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN KATEKYO HITMAN REBORN! IN ANYWAY!!! I ONLY OWN YUKI, AURORA, AND MASAMUNE! ALL RIGHTS BELONG TO AKIRA AMANO

‘I wanted to confront her. I wanted to demand where Yamamoto was, and demand she apologize for whatever she did. Then I wanted to know why she did whatever it was! I wanted to be a hero for once!’ thought the young Tsunayoshi as he picked up his tea cup. Yuki watched him curiously from the other end of her small table, drinking at the same time. “Hm, a bit bitter. I’ll get the something sweet,” the cat-girl said, and rose. 

“T-take your time, Sato-san.” She shot him a look. “Yuki! Yuki-chan!” he corrected immediately. Like a frightened bunny, he sat as still as a rock while she went to the kitchen.

‘How did it end up like this?!’

A Few Hours Earlier

“Yamamoto hasn’t come back to class…” Tsuna said with a worried expression. His memory was a bit fuzzy after the stair episode, but he definitely remembered leaving the calm boy on the roof with Hibari. “Gokudera-kun! Where’s Yamamoto?” he finally said.

The bomber looked confused, but then slowly realized. “That idiot isn’t here! Where the heck is that jerk and how dare he make Juudaime worry!” he said with a growl. Tsuna sighed as his friend went into a rage. After deciding he wasn’t going to get any help from the silverette, his lazy classmates, or the missing teacher, Tsuna went to look for Yamamoto himself. The brunette didn’t get passed the door though, because someone slid it open, hitting Tsuna who was on the opposite side. The class sweat-dropped as he slowly slid down to the floor. 

Aurora blinked, not knowing what made the crunching sound. She experimentally moved it again, and then there was the sound. Puzzled, she kept moving the door until Gokudera shouted, finally done rampaging. “Ah, wait Tsuna?!” she exclaimed, looking at his body.

The poor boy was twitching on the floor, blood spurting from his face. “You b****!” Gokudera yelled. He was about to rush forward, but surprisingly, Aurora was the one to pick Tsuna up. “I am so sorry, Tsuna! Are you okay?!” she said frantically, using a handkerchief to stop the bleeding. 

As the boss bled on her lap, his consciousness began to fade. He could barely tell who the red blob was in front of him or the silver one coming towards him. The last thing he heard was something about female dogs and their stupidity. 

……………………….

Tsuna woke up in the infirmary, wrapped in bandages rivaling that of a mummy. His head and nose hurt like hell and his wounds weren’t any better. To make matters worse, he was starving! His stomach grumbled in protest while Tsuna was immobile with all the wrappings. He couldn’t help it, he groaned in exasperation. 

As if on cue, Reborn popped up onto his bed with a plate full of food. He smiled devilishly as he chewed on chicken. “Well hello, Dame-Tsuna.”

Tsuna’s eyes widened as the food’s scent invaded his nostrils. “R-reborn… That’s…..” Reborn stuffed a piece of hamburger steak into his tiny mouth. “Yesh, Damesh- Tshuna?”

He whimpered. “Reborn, could I please have… have some of that?” The tutor looked at him, the at the plate, then at him. “Sure,” he finally said. The baby leaned down and placed a fork with steaming meat on it near his mouth. The boy’s eyes widened and drool formed. “Thank you, Reborn!”

Tsuna was about to bite when his tutor suddenly pushed the end of his gun on his temple. “Wha-? Reborn what do you think you’re doing?!” 

The tutor wore a mask of seriousness. “Do you really think I was going to be nice to you?  How gullible are you? Besides, it’s the end of day, almost night time here, and all you’re doing is lying on a bed. What are you doing?” 

Tsuna bristled with anger. “It’s hardly my fault! If you hadn’t noticed, I am extremely injured! No thanks to you, you demon tutor!” he yelled, gasping when he felt a wound fester. Reborn frowned. 

“This not the way a boss acts, especially when a comrade has been captured,” he put bluntly, pressing the gun closer. “Kidnapped?! Who?” Tsuna exclaimed. 

“Yamamoto, you dunce. And by the same people who caused you so much trouble today,” Reborn slipped something from his pocket and pushed it into his gun. 

“Wait, you mean Aurora and Masa-” Boom.

…...

“REEEBBBOOORNNNN!!!!!!!!” 

That day, while he was sitting at his desk, Hibari could’ve sworn he saw a flame spirit rushing out of his school. But that was just ridiculous, since no one was allowed in the school after hours. Must be the pain medication.

On the Streets of Namimori

“Where are they?! Where is Aurora and Masamune?! I’ll find them and save Yamamoto with my Dying Will!” said the half-naked boy on top of a light pole. Namimori was eerily dark this evening, quiet and chilled, but the hyper Tsuna could find anyone in the darkest part of the world with his heightened senses. 

And then, he saw them. 

On the edge of Namimori, there was a huge, white apartment complex with a beautiful garden filled with roses. Black, white, red, pink, and all kinds of colors painted the plot of land, decorating the path to the entrance. There were many other plants as well, but at the moment, the naked flame-head was solely focused on Aurora entering the building. She was bundled up from the cold, a green peat coat on top of her uniform and an emerald scarf around her neck, and she looked desperate for warmth. The girl had practically run through the stone-paved walkway of the garden and threw the doors open. 

“Wait!!! Aurora, stop right there!” Tsuna yelled, launching himself from the pole to the building at an alarming rate. He had almost crashed right into the white bricks, but instead thudded into the awaiting thorns of the roses. “HIEEEE!!!”

Tsuna’s flame died down as new wounds bled. “Ugh…. my body. At this rate…. I’ll pass out again,” he said, breathing heavily. 

“That was some crash, kid.” 

He looked up feebly at Masamune, who towered over him in a white hoodie. “You look like you were grated! Those’ll definitely need our kind of healing, so you just relax, m’kay?” said the kind boy, picking Tsuna up gently, bridal style. Over Masamune’s shoulder, the young boss could see an anxious Aurora at the glass entrance of the building. She beckoned them inside with a frantic wave, rubbing her arms in emphasis. “It freaking cold out! Hurry up and have Elena take a look at ‘em!” 

That’s when Tsuna passed out for the second time today, in the arms of a questionable stranger. 

Yeah so I decided to bleep out Gokudera's more..... colorful curses? And next chapter there will be a small (very small) Varia cameo that'll lead up to the action parts!!!! Yay VARIA woooooo!!!!!! And again, comments and helpful critiscim always welcome!!!!