Chapter 10

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN KATEKYO HITMAN REBORN! IN ANY WAY!!! I ONLY OWN YUKI, AURORA, MASAMUNE, ELENA, TEMPO, SHIRO, ARISA, AND DIANA! ALL RIGHTS BELONG TO AKIRA AMANO

"I am formerly of the Estraneo famiglia, born under the late boss and his Japanese wife. I was their only child, and you may even go so far as to call me their heir."

Tsuna listened intently to Yuki, who was gazing silently out the window. He was frankly shocked at Yuki's openness and the fact that she was an Estraneo, but stayed quiet as to not interrupt her. "My father was apparently a stickler for traditions, refusing to acknowledge me as the next boss because of my gender. So, I was sent away to my mother's labs that you might be all too familiar with. You've met Rokudo Mukuro and his gang, correct?" He nodded, uncomfortable with where the conversation was heading. The Kokuyo gang had been an extremely strong, but saddening bunch. He couldn't imagine what Yuki had gone through. Did her overwhelming strength come from her own mother's experiments? Tsuna began to sweat, his eyes looking anywhere but Yuki's.

However, perhaps sensing his unease, the girl casually moved past the awkward topic. "After a few years of that, Reborn-sensei took me in. He brought me to the famiglia known as the Lupe, famous for being extremely secretive and low-key. Perfect for refugees like myself." She sighed, "And that's basically it. I'm a test subject gone mafia boss. Anything else you'd like to know?"

"Eh?! That's all?! Ah- I mean... It's kinda came to an abrupt end..." he muttered. Yuki raised her brow, "Well, I'm an open book. Ask me anything and I'll answer." Tsuna swallowed, and forced himself to look her in the eyes. He wanted to know more about her, but was unsure about how to go about it. He squirmed a bit before asking, "Are you an only child?"

'Ah, great one, Tsuna. Of course she wouldn't know! She spent her life with the Lupe, how would she find out about a sibling?' he chided himself. Surprisingly, Yuki let out a small chuckle. "Tsunayoshi-san, your face is just like tomato. It's fine to ask me anything you think is important, it's really no trouble at all." He said nothing as his blush settled.

"I am an only child. My mother was not able to conceive after me, and when I was freed from the labs, she died along with my father. I escaped the same time as Mukuro." Tsuna gulped, question answered quite bluntly. Her golden eyes were watching him again, waiting for the next question. "Umm, in the Lupe... Did you grow up with any other kids?"

Yuki almost smiled, "Why, yes. The Lupe are famous for adopting many people who have abandoned or have been abandoned by others. Diana, Lupe Nono, was no exception and took in many children. Aurora was one of the first to live with her in the main house. Masamune came shortly after her with his mother and grandfather. I was the last to arrive, but I still received the same kindness she gave to them. We were treated as if we were her own." Tsuna liked this topic a lot better than before. Yuki seemed to relax more when talking about her familigia, and he really did enjoy how her eyes softened. Especially when Diana was mentioned, Yuki had a strange, warm light in her eyes. He found himself asking another question, this time with more confidence.

"What about Masamune and Aurora? Is it okay for you to tell me about them?" Yuki hesitated, but her tone was still kind. "Without going into much detail, Aurora's father was once a member of the Estraneo as well. He was a good friend of Diana's, and unfortunately died in the laboratory incident. Aurora was currently being watched by Diana when it happened, so she became a permanent part of the Lupe."

Tsuna flinched, "Ah... I'm sorry..." Yuki sighed, "It's fine. Later on, I'm sure Aurora will tell you more when she's good and ready. As for Masamune, I can only speak of good things." She paused, waiting for Tsuna to meet her gaze.