Chapter 8

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN KATEKYO HITMAN REBORN! IN ANYWAY!!! I ONLY OWN YUKI, AURORA, MASAMUNE AND DIANA! ALL RIGHTS BELONG TO AKIRA AMANO

“Well, this is a surprise. I didn’t think you’d find out about my apartment that fast.”

The hands didn’t move, but the body connected to them did. It shook with laughter, the sound spilling out of its lips. “Ushishishi~! Neko-chan, you should know by now, you and I have an unbreakable bond. We’ll eventually find each other, ‘cause you’re the Prince’s favorite pet.”

She sighed, “Belphegor, that’s sounds horribly similar to a line from one of Lussuria’s… special books.” And suddenly she could see again, just a lot more blond hair than normal. Belphegor had leaned over, his upside-down face barely inches away from hers. 

“It really hurts the Prince’s great pride that you actually think that! That obnoxious peasant has nothing but inappropriate teen novels in his room.”

She raised her black brow. “So you’ve been in inside?”

“The Prince never said that.”

Yuki responded, “Then how did you know?”

He frowned. “The Prince is bored of this conversation! We’re in Japan, make me tea!” Belphegor tumbled over the couch and landed with a thud onto Pantera. The huge cat barely batted a lash, and flicked her tail in greeting. For some reason, the usually indifferent panther seemed to enjoy lounging about with the blond prince.

“But Belphegor, you don’t like-” He tossed a knife into the air, “Don’t care, make me something.”

Yuki sighed in mild frustration. She was accustomed to the Varia member’s needs, but that didn’t make him less annoying. In the kitchen, she prepared some coffee for him. Here in Japan, it was a tradition to serve a guest, so there wasn’t too much say otherwise.

“Neko-chan! I’m hungry! Bring out some macaroons!”

God, did he even know what those were?! Nonetheless, she grabbed some and placed them on the tray. He had always been a needy person, more child-like than even Diana-sama’s children. Demanding things non-stop from her, when he wasn’t even a real prince anymore! A memory of their meeting flashed before her eyes as she returned. Belphegor, only two years older than her, stood before them, a small, proud child.

(FLLLLLASHBACK!!!!!!!)

Diana smiled, her pearly whites unwelcome in the gloom that was the atmosphere. The Cradle Incident, although it had occurred a few years back, still stung every Varia member harshly. Lussuria was currently attempting to be a good host by placing a tray of treats for the guests. “Diana-chan! It’s always a pleasure having you here, but you see, I don’t think this is the time to be inviting us to a party.”

The blond woman said nothing, and sipped her drink. Beside her sat an eight year-old Yuki, sore from the day's training. She watched Lussuria with her cat eyes, analyzing his movements unconsciously. The flamboyant man then turned to her, and he nervously said, “Well… I suppose if it’s for this cutie, but you can bet Squa-chan and Levi won’t be coming. They haven’t left the Boss’s side since… that.”

A loud voice called from the hall, interrupting their conversation. “Peasant! Bring the Prince some food, now!” Belphegor strode towards the table in a violent mood, his voice a nasty growl.

Yuki, surprised at his sudden appearance, jumped from her chair. The blond boy barely noticed her. Instead, he tugged at Lussuria’s apron with insistence. “Peasant! If you don’t give the Prince food, I’ll make the long-haired idiot mad again and cause a mess!” he threatened.