Chapter 4

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN KATEKYO HITMAN REBORN! IN ANYWAY!!! I ONLY OWN YUKI, AURORA, AND MASAMUNE! ALL RIGHTS BELONG TO AKIRA AMANO

“This way, guys!” Yamamoto said happily, laughing as they climbed higher. Tsuna was already tired of stairs, and what made it worse was that he had to have a clumsiness contest with another guy! Who does that kind of thing? Aurora was busily chatting up Yuki, who seemed to be very excited all of a sudden. Her gray eyes seemed to glow with something Tsuna had seen before, but he couldn’t quite place it. Gokudera ran up to him, green eyes bright with an emotion Tsuna was used to from him. Adoration. “Juudaime! You’ll surely win against this nobody, I know it!” he said with an encouraging smile. “I’m not sure that’s a good thing, Gokudera-san,” the young boss said, becoming depressed. His fiery friend cocked his head in confusion, but continued on. 

Yamamoto had stopped at the top of the staircase. “We’re here, guys!” From the back of the line, Aurora squealed. “Go on, open the door!” He complied with a smile, and he rushed out, eager to greet the fresh air. Suddenly, Tsuna was overwhelmed with the same feeling and ran up the rest of the way, with Gokudera close behind. “Wait for us, Yamamoto!” he laughed and ran out the door. And Tsuna kept laughing like an idiot until…. Hibari’s tonfas stopped an inch before his face. 

“HIEEEE!” Tsuna yelped, jumping backwards into Yuki. The two bounced awkwardly down the steps while their friends watched in silence. A few seconds passed as they stared. 

“JUUDAIME!!!!!!” Gokudera screeched. He leapt over the railing ultra-cool like (you know the one with his shirt whipping up revealing a sexy back and waistline) and dropped who knows how many flights to his boss. Yamamoto had a blank expression on his face. “Did I just see Hayato’s Loch Ness Monster boxers? Naw, couldn’t be….” 

He shook his head, struggling to get the image out of his mind, and turned to Aurora. Rather, it was the spot where she used to be. “….Eh? Where did that girl go to?” 

The base-ball player suddenly spotted her on the rooftop railing, laughing hysterically as Hibari fought with an invisible opponent. The prefect had absolutely zero consideration for the Namimori student he practically pushed down the stairs. Heck, he probably didn’t notice. Yamamoto raised an eyebrow at the peculiar fight, especially because Hibari seemed like he was losing! 

His breaths were coming out in puffs now, the usually deadly accurate movements cut down to short jabs. Yamamoto was upset. He could barely land a hit on their Disciplinary Committee Head while this new opponent was closer to defeating him than Mukuro was! 

Aurora purred. Yes, purred.

“Come now, Senpai! It’s an evaluation, you can definitely do better, being the cloud and all-” Hibari aimed his next blow at her head. “Do. Not. Say. Cloud.” he hissed, then almost immediately ducked, a rush of wind blowing past. The red-head had elegantly dodged the attack, but as the raven-haired boy returned to the fight, she began to tilt precariously over the edge of the railing.

Yamamoto rushed forward. “AURORA!” Said girl locked her legs around the rail she once sat upon and hung upside-down. (Oh yeah, for the sake of keeping Aurora’s pride, her panties don’t show when she’s hanging)

“Kidding! I love playing chicken! And speaking of….”  A certain skylark flew past Yamamoto like a super-powered Hibird and skidded painfully across the roof tiles.

He struggled to stand, but a gasp of pain erupted from his chest and Hibari sunk to the ground. “Senpai…..” the baseball player said, shock entering his voice. “Oy! Senpai, you ok?” 

Aurora giggled. “Assessment complete! Kyoya Hibari thoroughly evaluated, mission clear!” she said in a mock computer tone. With an amazing front flip, the foreigner landed on soundly on her tip-toes.